New Background Data Off / E-mail Not Syncing ?

kamelot

Members
Jan 17, 2013
Hi,

About a month ago, my favorite mail client Aqua Mail stopped syncing on my Mi3W. It's like if I open it at the end of the day, it's last time of sync was in the mornning, when I last looked at it.

I've been using Aqua Mail for two years without a problem. Then suddenly, after an update (but I don't know which exactly), it started to behave like that.

The same happened with other programs as well. Viber is not active all the time. Sometimes when I open is, I start to receive messaged from earlier in the day, as if I was offline. This never happened before.

All important programs are locked, so that the Task manager wouldn't kill them. All have Background data enabled. MIUI is the latest version from Xiaomi.eu. Reinstalled several times, including through Fastboot.

After a clean install, all works for a couple of days, and then suddenly stops again.

No difference whether I'm of 3G or Wifi.

What's the problem ? It's quite annoying...

Last edited:
Found it!

It's a supposedly new feature to minimize battery consumption by limiting the background data of most apps.

It is located under: Settings -> Additional Settings -> Battery&Performance -> Manage apps Battery usage -> Choose apps -> (choose the desired app) -> Choose "Custom" -> Choose "Keep connected"

A terrible place to put such an important setting!

Reactions: maeggae
Whatsapp web still doesn't work even with that setting activated. Yesterday, after updating, worked. Today, with no changes on configuration on the phone or my router, is not working. This is a nightmare...

@kamelot: Thank you very much !!!
I was desperate, my owncloud calendar did not sync !!!
But with the changes on the "batter saver" all works fine!
I'm HAPPY :D
Cheers - maeggae