loadbalancer

Members
Apr 29, 2016
Mi 5 / 6.5.26

The data backup to Google servers can't be enabled, see the screenshots:

Screenshot_2016-06-03-08-53-41_com.android.settings.png

After clicking on "Backup my data":

Screenshot_2016-06-03-08-53-49_com.android.settings.png

Where and how can i enable the Google Backup??
I find this a essential feature of Android and absolutely necessary.

Kind regards,
Loadbalancer

I can't believe that this is a bug that is present since many versions, because this is a essential function, that should have attracted attention of course.

Is it possible that the "Backup my data" is disabled when something other, e.g. the Mi Cloud Backup, is enabled?
Would be interesting to find someone who can enable the "Backup my data".

I can't believe that this is a bug that is present since many versions, because this is a essential function, that should have attracted attention of course.

Is it possible that the "Backup my data" is disabled when something other, e.g. the Mi Cloud Backup, is enabled?
Would be interesting to find someone who can enable the "Backup my data".
Do a local backup

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

A local backup destroys some of the accounts and data :-(
I can confirm, all custom widgets (i.e. zooper widget) has gone after local backup. The same behavior was a year ago on any rom and this is still exist in fresh roms. So local backup is not suitable for backup)))

P.S. I've tried to install official global dev and stable(not xiaomi.eu), and google backup is unavailable in any of these roms.

Thank you very much.

Also, i had the effect that some accounts disappeared after a local backup and also the downloaded maps in Nokia Here (!!)

Just noticed today the button to enable Google backups is still absent on Miui v8 6.6.23.
Hi, it appears that this issue will be there longer than before we have a chance to perform a backup. Do you have any suggestions to use an App or are we doomed to a manual backup via usb to pc?

UPDATE

With the version 6.8.18 i noticed that is possible to turn on the backup now:

Screenshot_2016-08-21-10-19-02-300_com.android.settings.png

I did, but it seems to do nothing:

Screenshot_2016-08-21-10-19-09-327_com.android.settings.png

The translation says "Currently no data is backed up in any account".

Does it take some time or what?
Because it says "data will by periodically saved"...