Bad battery life after wash

Sep 6, 2013
I accidentally washed my coat with my mi2s in its pocket. Now flashlight doesn't work and screen is little damaged which I can live with, but it is hard to live with awful battery life.

The phone is now draining at least twice fast. Any idea what is causing this?

Battery itself is fine as my spare one is giving same performance.

Lol, be happy it still works. It is almost like a Nokia. Anyway, try and get a new battery. There's a good chance this one's busted.

I accidentally washed my coat with my mi2s in its pocket. Now flashlight doesn't work and screen is little damaged which I can live with, but it is hard to live with awful battery life.

The phone is now draining at least twice fast. Any idea what is causing this?

Battery itself is fine as my spare one is giving same performance.

I would take a guess here. I think it has something to do with washing it...

How to see that?
maybe what he means with "absorb too much current" is not fully correct. it seems your battery has been short circuited, that is, connecting both polar with a conductor (in this case is water). if you short circuit a battery, you simply "kill" the battery.

maybe what he means with "absorb too much current" is not fully correct. it seems your battery has been short circuited, that is, connecting both polar with a conductor (in this case is water). if you short circuit a battery, you simply "kill" the battery.

I think it's the best possible explanation! Maybe some of the cells inside the battery died which now cause the phone to die quickly! I suggest getting a new battery! It won't cost much and be happy, the phone still works :-D

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

I think it's the best possible explanation! Maybe some of the cells inside the battery died which now cause the phone to die quickly! I suggest getting a new battery! It won't cost much and be happy, the phone still works :-D

I am sure battery is OK, I already have a spare one which is giving same performance.

I am sure battery is OK, I already have a spare one which is giving same performance.

Strange..another guess: Maybe some internal components are damaged.. Maybe the parts which control the charging of the battery (maybe it got a to big current when the battery was shorted). And now it can't charge the battery to 100% anymore because it can't measure the actual charging level?
Do you own an external charger? Maybe the runtime is better with an external charged battery!

Full story

I washed my coat about 3 weeks ago. While washing I felt vibration and realised my phone was in it, I got it out and removed the back, let the water out, wiped thoroughly. But unfortunately i couldn't undo screws so couldn't reach inside of the phone.

After 10 min I put battery back, torch flashed once but of course phone didn't turn on.

30 min later I put battery once again, torch flashed once, this time speaker was making little noise.

This continued for two day until I got it to repairman. It was during lunar new year and he started working only that day. He opened up the phone, and after taking glimpse at the inside said "I highly doubt it will work again" while whistling. Phone board had turned white with soap, foam and whatnot. He cleaned it all, and did nothing else. Put the battery back, torch flashed once as usual but voila this time phone starts. I returned home and started testing. Everything was OK: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile network, both camera, mic, speaker even torch. Only difference was screen, it had some diagonal lines that were not fully lit, which the repairman said will never go away.

Now it almost gone away, I have to set full screen brightness and white background to see those lines.

Now torch stopped working I don't know since when. Battery life was this poor from the beginning.

Torch stopped flashing when putting battery in but flashes when holding down power and volume up to boot to recovery.

I don't of course have any complaint, my phone is fully functional except torch. It was ironic that the phone vibrated to let me know that she was in there and came back to life against all odds.

Just wanted to know if there is something I could do about battery draining after all this.

yryba5um.jpg

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

it may be because your battery got damaged because of water so better to check by using battery from other MI 2 user and if it work then replace the battery...