Bad Phone Reception Mi11 Ultra

Oct 4, 2020
I switched from CN Rom to Xiaomi.eu weekly Version 21.6.30.
After switching the reception is very bad, bwfore it was great.
Any solution?

I can't say, but on my phone (global version) I reach the best 5g speeds on global rom. It must be something related to the firmware

Well data speed should be related to phone signal, anyway it is something related to tge firmware and phone bands according to your carrier

Sorry to contradict just once again, but here on 20210630 Weekly (Mi11U CN Version with 512GB) I had about 5 phone calls today, all perfectly fine....

I got the feeling that you have bad luck with a defective device....

Gesendet von meinem M2102K1C mit Tapatalk

I'm having similar issue with CN 512gb Mi 11 Ultra. Having signal loss when I initiate a phone call. Running Xiaomi.eu 12.5.10.... after several attempts the call will go thru. Also this doesn't happen all the time either.

Hey, I had trouble with intermittent connections too, network coverage suddenly dropped sometimes changing settings helped. You can enter the menu with the code * # * # 4636 # * # * and change the network parameters there. It was on another phone but it helped.

I'm having similar issue with CN 512gb Mi 11 Ultra. Having signal loss when I initiate a phone call. Running Xiaomi.eu 12.5.10.... after several attempts the call will go thru. Also this doesn't happen all the time either.
I'm on same phone, can 512 using EU weekly and have suffered no call issues. May be it suits my networks better (no 5g where I am too).

Don't be rash as you'll have to format data if you do. See if you get some more responses first. I'm using Sky (o2) and EE but only 4g and below. Never had any call issues to date except when I put call barring on all non known contacts!!

Don't be rash as you'll have to format data if you do. See if you get some more responses first. I'm using Sky (o2) and EE but only 4g and below. Never had any call issues to date except when I put call barring on all non known contacts!!
So I went ahead and flashed the weekly rom. Also formatted data. Still having the same issue where radio signal drops while attempting to make a call. Or even if I receive a call it will drop and I'll have to wait a few seconds for it to regain signal to try again. Very annoying. Will try flashing back to China rom.

sim is new.
phone is new.

any way to flash a new modem to weekly rom?
No, well with exception to may be a change to a different area? Not sure if the modem firmware is changed when you flash Global or EEA for example or if it is just the settings that are changed.

I would try clearing you data in your phone apps. Go to settings->apps->Manage apps . if your system apps are hidden, choose the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select Show All Apps. then scroll through and clear the data for your phone apps.

when I try to initiate a call I get this error, then call does not go thru. Sometimes the call does go thru and it drops and I get this radio off message. Running weekly rom.
Screenshot_2021-08-28-16-08-31-643_com.android.incallui.png

I locked bootloader and flashed China firmware. Still happening. Here is a video to show you what happens
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Could this be normal for Dual SIM phones? I am in Canada.

I locked bootloader and flashed China firmware. Still happening. Here is a video to show you what happens
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Could this be normal for Dual SIM phones? I am in Canada.
What radio frequencies (bands) does your network in Canada support?