Barclays Banking App (UK)

Rosewellzz

Members
Dec 22, 2012
Hi there, I've just bought a Xiaomi MI2s and have tried to install the barclays banking app. It asks at some stage during registration for root permissions which I give it and once I do that the app says that it will not work on a rooted phone. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Regards

Go to permissions, root, allow root and untick that app. Then go to settings, apps, tap on that app and delete data and cache.

Odoslané z môjho ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T pomocou Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately its still says It has does not support or work on rooted devices.

Try switch that root off, if that doesn't help you can use stable jlb rom, they aren't rooted.

Odoslané z môjho ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T pomocou Tapatalk 4

where can I download the Stable jlb rom ? will this be compatible with the rom released on here?

Hi, I will update the thread. Recently Barlcays made our live harder. They release new ver of their app, and blocked old ones, which worked on rooted devices. I tried everything I can think off. I tested stable rom, switching root access off, WSM Tools with rootcloak (to hide root), nothing works. Even root permissions are disabled, the app still not working (stable rom was installed on system 1, developer system on 2, if that make any difference). I read on XDA forum, that they work it out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45505644
but because WSM is not an original exposed framework, they can not help.
Does anyone made barclays app working on xiaomi device with miui? The lates one

Any update on this? I have contacted Barclays and they say the following:

"Although having root access does not directly affect the app itself, it may allow 3rd party apps onto the device that otherwise couldn't be
installed unless the device was rooted. These could exploit our app.

To avoid this from happening and to protect user data, installing "Barlcays Mobile Banking" on a rooted device is blocked.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
"

I then called the helpline and after giving them the Xiaomi Phone manufacturer name, they came back to me and said that this should work on the phone, as it is and android phone. and the only reason it would not work is if Xiaomi phones were rooted on purchase.

Can anyone please confirm this?

I tried on mi2s with developer rom - with option to root-unroot, and also on stock rom. Both didnt work

Tap tap from MI2