Battery drain 1.0.12

eng333

Members
Oct 11, 2023
I know battery is an issue with the 14 Ultra. I was getting about 10-15%/hr with screen on and 1-2%/hr with screen off.

Lately, around the time I updated the ROM, I notice drain is much higher. screen off idle is around 5%/hr. screen on is around 20-25%.
No apps using up much battery. No significant wake locks. It is going into deep sleep for hours (not being held awake)

I was getting 7-10hrs SOT if I was careful. Now it's about half, like 4-5hrs. That's basically almost never on the phone.

Phone is also on WIFI 99% of the time.

Anyone else notice this? I don't know if it is due to the ROM update but I haven't changed much else on the phone lately.

Been using the new version of the ROM a few days, no improvement. SOT more under 4hrs. Off time arrive 17hrs. When I use my phone, it more always feels warm. Sometimes really hot. Something is def draining the battery but the battery apps aren't showing anything
I'm wondering if a driver or the modem changed in one of the builds causing this. Seems like it is something in the system vs some app.

Last edited:
Looking at processes, I see that "system_server" is constantly using 25-50% cpu or more.
Looking at the log for that PID, I see lots of events for MiuiNetworkPolicy show showing the network bandwidth. Also info about the light sensor. Nothing looking too abnormal.