battery drain fast

lawrenceKing

Members
Mar 4, 2014
i got the xiaomi mi3 td 2days ago and until now its really awesome i can even use my network (austria) the only problem is that the battery drains really fast it lasts about 5hours in use i expected much more .. could it be that i use a wrong charger,i use the one from my old samsung galaxy s1
I thought that there would be a problem with the display (like in screenshot) so
I ve turned down the brightness andswitched to the conserve mode but it doesnt really help :( Pls help me this is really annoying me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-06-57-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-06-57-34.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
5hour is too short . What ROM version are you using?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

First i switched to dev rom but this was a bit lagging so i flashed the stock again but then i got fc at most apps ... so i placed a update.zip in sd card and then i made full wipe and flashed it :) so now im back at stock with everything working except of this

hmm, your screenshot shows that you're 7h and 26m on battery and have 80% power left. that's not so bad.
your screenshot also shows that more than 50% of the power was consumed by the screen, which means that you're using the phone with screen on. These big displays drain the battery very fast.
I have the Mi3 WCDMA (also in Austria) and compared to the Mi2 the Mi3 endurance is quite short.
Playing around with a new phone always drains the battery and new batteries need a few loading-cycles to reach full performance.

what's wrong with the xiaomi charger? I'm using it, works like a charm.

I charged the phone to 100% and after 1 1/2 hours it was only 80% a friend of mine has the lg g2 (with nearly same battery as mi3) After 2 hours he has 90% and i have 70% ....

There must be some kind of error in your phone. Did you check which component uses the most battery? Mine m3 lasts at least a day on a battery

y2y5uqut.jpg

As far as i know are there only the dev and stock rom.
And i tried both

So how can i contact the xiaomi support??

Use wake lock detector from the play store to see what's keeping your phone awake

What about brightness levels and what power mode are you using?

Screenshot_2014-03-11-07-14-59.png Screenshot_2014-03-11-07-15-06.png Screenshot_2014-03-11-07-15-11.png Screenshot_2014-03-11-07-15-31.png Here are the screenshots from battery wakelock : pls help me cause i cant send the phone back to china :(

Last edited:
Same as me, on Nexus 4. Phone was charged 100% at 7 AM and at 12:00 the battery has 43%. The screen was used just 1 hour (while commuting and reading RSS feeds). Also, I installed Juice Defender with "Balanced" profile. I think there's a lot of work on this ROM.

I think it is broken, I would give you 250€ for it. DUDE there is some App that kills your battery, the Rom, or just Reset it.

I think it is broken, I would give you 250€ for it. DUDE there is some App that kills your battery, the Rom, or just Reset it.

Hey, my phone has 4 months it was bought. It's not refurbished or something, its NEW! If you're such a master, why don't you post some tips here?!

Some app really solved this mysterios problem now the display is just using 10% instead of 70% ^^ for all who experience same problems install "battery repair" app from goole play .. i didnt believe that some crap like this would be working xD

Some app really solved this mysterios problem now the display is just using 10% instead of 70% ^^ for all who experience same problems install "battery repair" app from goole play .. i didnt believe that some crap like this would be working xD

Nice try! Please tell me which one of "Battery Repair"? That created by Ynfo.Apps? Because in Google Play are tens of apps with this name. Thanks for you tip!

indeed in my phone, the screen drain only 9% of the battery, so you have an issue

Last edited:
hi mates i too have the same problem tried installing those 2 apps, but no luck, my friend said that he had the same problem, but after 5 to 10 recharge of the battery the problem disappeared...

i got the xiaomi mi3 td 2days ago and until now its really awesome i can even use my network (austria) the only problem is that the battery drains really fast it lasts about 5hours in use i expected much more .. could it be that i use a wrong charger,i use the one from my old samsung galaxy s1
I thought that there would be a problem with the display (like in screenshot) so
I ve turned down the brightness andswitched to the conserve mode but it doesnt really help :( Pls help me this is really annoying me

Install latest rom release http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-6-13.24597/
Make sure to use backup for your data first.

I think it not so bad with battery holding on this phone
If I'll turn off WiFi or 3g I can take it to 4-5 days

Sent from my MI 3W now Free

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402996141532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402996141532.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 284