Battery drain on 21.3.11 beta

At first, I did a clean install too. It was much better but still too much in my opinion. Now I flashed the stable ROM and not only is my battery life way better but also the whole system feels much more responsive and the phone stays cooler most of the time. And on stable I let Google restore my Backup again with no issues. I'm happy for now because the differences in features between weekly and stable are not this big.

What SOT and Runtime do you get with the stable version?

At first, I did a clean install too. It was much better but still too much in my opinion. Now I flashed the stable ROM and not only is my battery life way better but also the whole system feels much more responsive and the phone stays cooler most of the time. And on stable I let Google restore my Backup again with no issues. I'm happy for now because the differences in features between weekly and stable are not this big.
How exactly did you flash the stable rom. Is it just booting in fast mode and using the script similar to what was described in the main topic?

I want to go back to the stable rom as battery drain on the 21.3.11 is just unbelievable.

I haven't fully tested yet but I charged yesterday to 100% at about 2pm, had about 2 hours of SOT in total and now I'm at 70% after 20 Hours.

Wow, that sounds solid... completely different, i need to charge twice for 20 Hours :D

How exactly did you flash the stable rom. Is it just booting in fast mode and using the script similar to what was described in the main topic?

I want to go back to the stable rom as battery drain on the 21.3.11 is just unbelievable.
Test 21.3.17 ROM update before doing a clean install to use the stable ROM. :)

Ok, so flashed the 21.3.17, charged to 100%, after 1h44m of screen (3h10m of total usage) I'm still at 81%, a HUGE improvement! (BTW the facebook and instagram usage are still wrong)

After 7h20m and 4h37m of screen the battery is still at 43%, but the time of usage are still totally wrong

IMG_20210319_221958.jpg

Reactions: Dastef18
yeah, I'm downloading it now. I will give it couple of days. Otherwise, I will revert back to the stable.
Still not really the experience I had on the original Chinese rom. I will clean install the stable version as mentioned before. Really disappointed with the beta roms. Only if they can figure out why (others) is consuming so much power.

Just clean install the stable. It is much better in terms of battery consumption. In addition, waiting for a stable 12.5 is a good idea for now.

Yes i will do that today.
Is it good to restore the apps with titanium backup or do you think that could cause the same problem again?

Yes i will do that today.
Is it good to restore the apps with titanium backup or do you think that could cause the same problem again?
Titanium Backup is old and seems deprecated for Android 11...

Please use/try Swift Backup instead. ;)

Reactions: Dastef18
Stable version fixed my battery problem ;-)
Restored all my apps with Swift Backup, worked fine for me.

11,5 hours runtime, 1,5h SOT and still 70% with flightmode over the night

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-22-09-17-09-460_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-22-09-17-09-460_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: Poney70