Battery drain on 21.3.11 beta

sn4k326

Members
Oct 20, 2018
Hi guys, I have a huge battery drain, I have to charge the phone 2 times in a day. I have this "Other" in Battery usage, but i don't know what is it. How can I find what is draining my battery?

Screenshot_2021-03-15-19-50-34-974_com.miui.securitycenter.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-15-19-50-34-974_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg Screenshot_2021-03-15-19-50-56-742_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Must be your setup, I did a drain test, but in flight mode:

e041d3c7b90ff0d244cf2501f3e49fa7.jpg

Imho it's decent.

Regards

Sent from my Mi11

This also happens on many other phones, usually wiping all data from play service and Google framework fixes that.

Give it a try.

Sent from my Mi11

Reactions: sn4k326
I've lost 4% during night (about 9h) in airplane mode. It's not a huge drain. The problem is when I'm connected... yesterday I was with 30% left and 3h of screen... There's something wrong

Should I contact xiaomi? May be the phone? The problem is that I have the eu rom, I should revert back to global

I've lost 4% during night (about 9h) in airplane mode. It's not a huge drain. The problem is when I'm connected... yesterday I was with 30% left and 3h of screen... There's something wrong

Should I contact xiaomi? May be the phone? The problem is that I have the eu rom, I should revert back to global
I did the same test. Also overnight in airplane mode lost about 5% but as soon as I turn everything on again battery drains fast. I tried all the hint from this thread and it got a bit better but still way worse than with stable ROM and all the same apps installed.

Reactions: sn4k326
I did the same test. Also overnight in airplane mode lost about 5% but as soon as I turn everything on again battery drains fast. I tried all the hint from this thread and it got a bit better but still way worse than with stable ROM and all the same apps installed.
Did you restore the apps through Google or xiaomi backup? I think is some restored app, I think I will do a clean install and reinstall every app manually

Did you restore the apps through Google or xiaomi backup? I think is some restored app, I think I will do a clean install and reinstall every app manually
Yes, I let Google restore my Apps. I thought about that too... might be the Problem. If you do so, please report your results :)

Hi guys,

I have the same battery drain issue on the 21.3.11
I'm getting like 2h of SOT and after 10-12h the battery is nearly empty.

I cleared the app cache of some system / google apps,
disabled some Xiaomi apps which i don't use (calender, browser, notes...)

Some days ago I tried the 12 Stable release - same problem. But i restored all the apps with
a backup made from 21.3.11, maybe that was the problem?

Maybe someone finds a solution for this

Hi guys,

I have the same battery drain issue on the 21.3.11
I'm getting like 2h of SOT and after 10-12h the battery is nearly empty.

I cleared the app cache of some system / google apps,
disabled some Xiaomi apps which i don't use (calender, browser, notes...)

Some days ago I tried the 12 Stable release - same problem. But i restored all the apps with
a backup made from 21.3.11, maybe that was the problem?

Maybe someone finds a solution for this
I'm testing now a clean install, I'll let you know at the end of the day

Reactions: Dastef18
After clean install is much better, it still have to optimize the battery usage after a few charge cicle, but after 12h I did 4.30h of screen and it's still to 30%.
Yesterday after less than 9h and 3h of screen I had to charge it

Reactions: hrdcrjnky
But there is something wrong the times are wrong in the battery options
IMG_20210318_185752.jpg. IMG_20210318_185337.jpg.Screenshot_2021-03-18-18-54-00-328_com.xiaomi.misettings.jpg

The usage of Facebook and Instagram is wrong... And I think also the display time...This morning after I use the phone more than 30minutes, the screen usage was still about 13-14minutes wtf

But there is something wrong the times are wrong in the battery options
View attachment 35480. View attachment 35481.View attachment 35482

The usage of Facebook and Instagram is wrong... And I think also the display time...This morning after I use the phone more than 30minutes, the screen usage was still about 13-14minutes wtf

Ok, thats weird...
I lost about 7% in flight mode over the night, that seems a lot compared to my old P30 Pro :/

I have only 1:30 SOT and 30% left, thats so bad.
Will try the next weekly, if thats not working i go back to stable

Reactions: inzaghi75
After clean install is much better, it still have to optimize the battery usage after a few charge cicle, but after 12h I did 4.30h of screen and it's still to 30%.
Yesterday after less than 9h and 3h of screen I had to charge it
At first, I did a clean install too. It was much better but still too much in my opinion. Now I flashed the stable ROM and not only is my battery life way better but also the whole system feels much more responsive and the phone stays cooler most of the time. And on stable I let Google restore my Backup again with no issues. I'm happy for now because the differences in features between weekly and stable are not this big.

Reactions: Dastef18