Battery Drain On Different Roms

blowk

Members
Feb 5, 2016
Hey

Does someone have the same battery drain problem with the Redmi Note 3?
After I installed the latest rom 7.1.8.0, I can only use the phone for about 1,5 days. Before 2.5 days.

It seems to be a problem with the battery use. I've checked and the 'awake' function is more active then when I'm really using the phone.

After +-13h the battery is at 37%....
Can't fihure out what causing the problem.

Is it save to go back to version 7.1.6.0? Do I need to use TWRP to downgrade? Anybody experience with downgrading the system?

Ok, I will try this.
Is this much better in the dev rom? Can you give me a screenshot of the battery uses (less awake)?

I updated to the latest stable version 7.2 .
The problem that was causing battery drain was at some place the 4G coverage wasn't that good; It was jumping from 4G ro 3G and back.
Now when I'm on the road, I switch to fix 3G and the battery can go for at least 2-3 days.

I have installed 6.3.11 and if you want I will write a review about battery drain tomorrow. :)

Xiaomi.eu 6.3.11: I didn't use mobile data, only WI-FI (total 16-17 hours); mostly read something on social apps, surfed on the internet, read books and watched a video for 10-15 min.
I will stay on this ROM, because of quick response of ROM and balanced battery drain (1% per 4-5 min). In contrary, maybe 6.1.14 will be better in battery, but it is slower in using for me. :)

P.S.: @blowk , could you rename the thread, if it is possible, something like "Battery drain on different ROMS"? We will post here our experience. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-38-45_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-38-45_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 419
  • Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-38-54_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-38-54_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 391
  • Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-38-59_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-38-59_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-39-14_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-39-14_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 378
  • Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-39-28_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-16-19-39-28_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 360
On my RN3 Helio x10 battery drain is almost like battery fault. 10% per hour , no difference if you use or not use the phone. Want to get rid of this fault or phone. 250$ gone, no words for this.

@Wensz: Which ROM and version do you use?
Can you post a screenshot of you battery use, so we see if it isn't an awake problem...

Xiaomi.eu 6.4.7: very good ROM in my opinion. Battery drain is 1% per +/- 5 minutes. The ROM is fast and without FC or crashes. :)

Someone having issues with keep awake? Every ROM I tried, latest dev or latest stable, after a while, battery graph shows phone always awake. I see in kernel adiutor and CPU goes to deep sleep but graph show the phone always awake. When I remove it from charge, graph works fine until ~75% and after it, this comes always awake. I already see all things and can't find the problem. Sometimes, with screen off, graph shows screen on too! And when I plug the charge, problem is gone and when screen off, graph shows no awake. Someone have this issue?

Xiaomi.eu 6.4.7: very good ROM in my opinion. Battery drain is 1% per +/- 5 minutes. The ROM is fast and without FC or crashes. :)
Are you on Hennessy? Have you this issue on it? I'm going to install 6.4.7 now. I hope it not a issue with my hardware.

Last edited:
Someone having issues with keep awake? Every ROM I tried, latest dev or latest stable, after a while, battery graph shows phone always awake. I see in kernel adiutor and CPU goes to deep sleep but graph show the phone always awake. When I remove it from charge, graph works fine until ~75% and after it, this comes always awake. I already see all things and can't find the problem. Sometimes, with screen off, graph shows screen on too! And when I plug the charge, problem is gone and when screen off, graph shows no awake. Someone have this issue?

Are you on Hennessy? Have you this issue on it? I'm going to install 6.4.7 now. I hope it not a issue with my hardware.
Yes, I also have RMN3 MTK and I don't have any of these problems. Everything works really good :)
Maybe, when you install ROM, try to wipe everything (factory reset). Another possibility, how to fix it I don't know :)

Yes, I also have RMN3 MTK and I don't have any of these problems. Everything works really good :)
Maybe, when you install ROM, try to wipe everything (factory reset). Another possibility, how to fix it I don't know :)
Thanks for reply friend! I'm trying to understand the problem now. When this happen, on Battery graph we have two times counter. One above and one below the graph. When awake issue starts, the time counter below graph stops to count the time, this simples freeze and update when % down. I already used some programs and no wakelocks are detecteds to keep awake, then I think it's a issue with battery usage counter and no wakelocks here. When this happen again, I'll post screenshots here to you see it. Now I'm trying to understand what action is starting this issue, because yesterday I use the phone on 6.4.21 from 100% and the problem started at 21% after I install a lot of my apps. Before it, counter time works fine and graph too. Btw, for sure it's a visual problem with graph counter because I'm getting a great battery life here!

Don't write here your problems, I am really not a an expert. Write it in ROM discussion.
But 6.4.21 is not a good ROM, try new or 6.4.7 ;)

Xiaomi.eu 6.5.5: it seems that we will have another good Dev ROM. Battery drain 4.5min/1% for now. :)