Battery draining system app

Diclac

Members
May 12, 2016
Hi, does someone know, what is purpose of NetworkLocation app (com.xiaomi.metoknlp). It's draining my battery like crazy. It seems not to related with network location service, because i freezed it and every app can still get a location. Is it safe to freeze? I'm on latest EU MIUI10 weekly rom.

Reactions: Rogerio Lucas
Hi, does someone know, what is purpose of NetworkLocation app (com.xiaomi.metoknlp). It's draining my battery like crazy. It seems not to related with network location service, because i freezed it and every app can still get a location. Is it safe to freeze? I'm on latest EU MIUI10 weekly rom.
In my Mi6 after installing the first Miui10 the battery consumption has increased dramatically when the device is idle. Then I discovered that the cause is the A-GPS function that is in Additional Settings / Privacy / Location / Use Assisted GPS.
I turned the A-GPS off and the device did not even consume 1% overnight in air planed mode, before it was over 20%.

Last edited:
In my Mi6 after installing the first Miui10 the battery consumption has increased dramatically when the device is idle. Then I discovered that the cause is the A-GPS function that is in Additional Settings / Privacy / Location / Use Assisted GPS.
I turned it off and the device did not even consume 1% overnight, before it was over 20% (in airplane mode in two cases, with A-GPS enable/disable).

Not issue for me, because AGPS is turned off.

Reactions: Rogerio Lucas