Battery Life. Hardware or Software?

szuladam

Members
Jul 13, 2019
Hi!

I have my new 9T since almost 2 weeks and i have some issue with battery life. While most of the users show 7-8 hours SOT, but my experiance is that my phone makes only 3,5-4 hours SOT. With 9T and with 4000mh battery this numbers are sooo bad. My old phone (OP5T) made same or a thiny better standby and sot than this new phone.

Here are my basic info:
- phone is global (miui software is global)
- 4g working, and network coverage is good
- dark mode on! (so should have more battery life than basicly)
- 1 sim used, on the 1st sim place, doulbe 4g mode off.
- only mobile internet is on and nfc.
- no playing games, no video watching, and even no make photos, just basic use (some phone call, net surfing)
- 2nd screen off, screen light about 50%
- there is no stuck in application

Battery using datas:
at apps :android system on the first
at hardwre: cell stadby is the 1st with almost 1,5x-2x more after SOT.

Any suggestion? Or i should send my phone back, and start a very very long torture with the service?

I would download the app "BetterBatteryStats" in order to find out what exactly is causing the battery drain. I get 8-11 hours SOT with mit my K20 Pro and the stable MIUI 10 EU build.

I would download the app "BetterBatteryStats" in order to find out what exactly is causing the battery drain. I get 8-11 hours SOT with mit my K20 Pro and the stable MIUI 10 EU build.
8-11?! With the stronger soc ? Incredible...

Unfortunately I have the same problem with the same usage. I do not know what to do.
I have also installed "BetterBatteryStats", but I am unable to interpret the results.

Since i put the sim on the 1st sim place and doulbe 4g mode off (hoping cell stanby will make lower battery drain) i could reach 6,5 hour SOT, but in the mood as i wrote in the 1st.
(black mod, 50% birghtness, no 2nd screen , no playing, allways checked for stucked app, but no stucked in, no widgets, with nova launcher, no music, no video, no photo, just internet and social media. )

I literally didnt used the phone as it should be so I had to say that this is cr*p. Others use everything on full and makes 7-8 SOT, and speaking about 2,5 day with this phone.
Anyone think i should have chance against the service or warranty with this problem?
That "my phone works perfecly only somehow i feel my battery is 60% than it should be?" When i am complaining about this i have the feeling everyone just laughing about this xD

Hey Szuladam - I hear you. I have similar situation. Any progress since your last post?
This "Cell Standby" is freaking 20% of my battery usage. Researching it now, but I hope some Gurus here can help with advice. One thing which came up in google is to disable VOLTE. Will try that, as well as Better Battery Stats.

Achi92131 which stable EU build you mean? Mine is 10.3.9 Global (could it be that it is not EU and I am in EU and somehow network settings are messed up and draining in idle more?)

Hey Szuladam - I hear you. I have similar situation. Any progress since your last post?
This "Cell Standby" is freaking 20% of my battery usage. Researching it now, but I hope some Gurus here can help with advice. One thing which came up in google is to disable VOLTE. Will try that, as well as Better Battery Stats.

Achi92131 which stable EU build you mean? Mine is 10.3.9 Global (could it be that it is not EU and I am in EU and somehow network settings are messed up and draining in idle more?)
I am on 10.3.15 EU

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K20 Pro mit Tapatalk

I am on 10.3.15 EU

Achi92131 Did you find that helped with your "cell standby" usage at all? What % of Cell standby do you have on average? Mine is 25% (of the batter that is)
did you update ROM yourseld? Can you share a link to it? Do you think it can be used for K20 as well or just K20 PRO?

Too many questions, sorry :)

Achi92131 Did you find that helped with your "cell standby" usage at all? What % of Cell standby do you have on average? Mine is 25% (of the batter that is)
did you update ROM yourseld? Can you share a link to it? Do you think it can be used for K20 as well or just K20 PRO?

Too many questions, sorry :)
I am currently in Thailand where the battery stats are worse than I had in Switzerland. But I still get a bit more than 7 hours SOT within 1,5 days. VOLTE is activated here but was not in Switzerland. Cell Standby is currently 11 %. I got MIUI from the official EU MIUI site. I installed if I remember correctly 10.3.13 manually and got 10.3.14 and 10.3.15 via OTA. I have the Chinese K20 Pro model.

I am currently in Thailand where the battery stats are worse than I had in Switzerland. But I still get a bit more than 7 hours SOT within 1,5 days. VOLTE is activated here but was not in Switzerland. Cell Standby is currently 11 %. I got MIUI from the official EU MIUI site. I installed if I remember correctly 10.3.13 manually and got 10.3.14 and 10.3.15 via OTA. I have the Chinese K20 Pro model.

Thank you so much! Wow 11÷ is amazing
Which official EU website?
In the upper corner of the screen (where the network status is shown) do you ever get 3G or 4G (while in Switzerland)?
Mine always shows something strange like H+ or R etc

Thank you so much! Wow 11÷ is amazing
Which official EU website?
In the upper corner of the screen (where the network status is shown) do you ever get 3G or 4G (while in Switzerland)?
Mine always shows something strange like H+ or R etc
Site is xiaomi.eu . I have here and in Switzerland mostly 4G. On countryside sometime H+ or 3G. R means roaming.

This is weird. With the same SIM I get 3G sign on my iphone - and it is always H+ on k20.
PS. Apparently H+ is 3G...

Last edited:
I had some info, that probably the basic settings in network searching is for whole wolrd/ or eu+asia. And this cell standy battery drain is a whole xiaomi mess thing. And seems they dont really care about it.
You can try type on the phone *#*#4636#*#* and change the network setting to "lte/wcmda auto" it will helps a bit.

Yes, I have done that 4636 fix. Cell drain still at 12%. It goes quite fast. I am on 10.3.9 global Miui. Considering to flash 10.3.12 EU. Wonder if anyone noticed any improvement in EU after doint that

do you know that k20/k20pro is missing band 20 for 4G, mostly in europe? Maybe it is causing the problem?