New Battery Screen on Time bug

datfatty

Members
Jan 6, 2023
In the battery screen time, the total time keep decreasing when it is more than 24 hours, so it is kinda showing for the last 24 hours not since last unplugged.
MIUI 13 stable on Redmi 9t (Lime)

Attachments

• 1675691790648.png
    1675691790648.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 1675691798035.png
    1675691798035.png
    199 KB · Views: 328
Last edited by a moderator:
In the battery screen time, the total time keep decreasing when it is more than 24 hours, so it is kinda showing for the last 24 hours not since last unplugged.
MIUI 13 stable on Redmi 9t (Lime)

It was a design decision of Xiaomi 2+ years ago during the development of MIUI12.. (last "working" Security / Battery app was ver. 4.2.5, first "shiny new" was 4.2.6) since people are charging their device daily anyways they don't need granular or longer or even correct stats.. quite poor decision.. I'm using other apps to have better battery stats :D + bugreport && Battery Historian..

Reactions: datfatty
It was a design decision of Xiaomi 2+ years ago during the development of MIUI12.. (last "working" Security / Battery app was ver. 4.2.5, first "shiny new" was 4.2.6) since people are charging their device daily anyways they don't need granular or longer or even correct stats.. quite poor decision.. I'm using other apps to have better battery stats :D + bugreport && Battery Historian..
Thank you for your answer, then it is not considered as a bug, would you advice me to with GSAM or BetterBatterySTATs

would you advice me to with GSAM or BetterBatterySTATs
Both are doing a great job. I would advise you to check out both and use both for a week and then you can decide which one do you prefer. GSAM has some graphs but BBS has a CPU freq. stat.. but basically both rely on the same API data so you will see the same thing in a slightly different way. The MIUI battery stat is awful, I have no idea why they decided to ditch the AOSP style stats for their own, shiny one..

Reactions: datfatty
Both are doing a great job. I would advise you to check out both and use both for a week and then you can decide which one do you prefer. GSAM has some graphs but BBS has a CPU freq. stat.. but basically both rely on the same API data so you will see the same thing in a slightly different way. The MIUI battery stat is awful, I have no idea why they decided to ditch the AOSP style stats for their own, shiny one..
Thank you mate

Reactions: crok.bic