Before To Upgrade Manually

xRAZIELx

Members
Apr 2, 2016
Good morning, i have a little question (paranoid question, i suppose).
I got on my Cancro MI3 MIUI7 by xiaomi.eu 5.12.11....the old weekly version.

From Dicember i got no updates via ota.
I found here the latest version (xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip) from
xiaomi.eu - community - threads - 6-5-5.31436/
If i put the file zip for cancro on my device and try to install from updater on my phone is this the right way?
After that (if is the right way to upgrade manually) i will receive the updates normaly?

I know this are newbie questions but i have always fear to f**ck up my phone when i try something new :)

Reactions: Varvaris
Good morning, i have a little question (paranoid question, i suppose).
I got on my Cancro MI3 MIUI7 by xiaomi.eu 5.12.11....the old weekly version.

From Dicember i got no updates via ota.
I found here the latest version (xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip) from
xiaomi.eu - community - threads - 6-5-5.31436/
If i put the file zip for cancro on my device and try to install from updater on my phone is this the right way?
After that (if is the right way to upgrade manually) i will receive the updates normaly?

I know this are newbie questions but i have always fear to f**ck up my phone when i try something new :)

no as the partitions are different. There are threads about KK to MM migration.

Guys, let me know if is correct what i have understood reading what ai see from the many threads of this forum.
Maybe, if what i will post is right could be usefull to other people too.

Let me know if the step by step walkthrough i post is correct. I haven't understood if trwp is necessary...but maybe yes - point 5)

To go on after the 5.12.11 (4.4) weekly to the last release starting with MI3 Cancro - xiaomi recovery
  • 1) download the 5.12.17
  • 2) Put the zip in the SD root
  • 3) Update with updater software
  • 4) I don't know why but i see many posts suggest to update again from updater the same 5.12.17
  • 5) At this point intall trwp recovery for cancro via updater (download zip, put in sd root than install)
  • 6) Root if necessary via trwp recovery
  • 7) download the last version put in the root sd and update.

Last edited:
There is no one whocan say to me if i'm right?
You should not deal with root in twiddle. The topic is already covered in this forum, please search the mi4 section.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk