Best Rom xiaomi mi 9

Neodrake1981

Members
Apr 21, 2023
Hello,
first time here.
I have a xiaomi mi 9 with a miui 12.0.4 QFAMIXM and i was wondering if i should trade for a better rom. If so what rom is better for my device?
thks

Hello,
first time here.
I have a xiaomi mi 9 with a miui 12.0.4 QFAMIXM and i was wondering if i should trade for a better rom. If so what rom is better for my device?
thks
Shouldn't you try another ROM version and be the judge of it ?

No matter what someone tells you, you ultimately will be the one using it.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

I have the latest Xiaomi.eu for Mi9 (v 12.5.6 Stable) but the recorder doesn't work (and I can't record callings). I tried to update the recorder app but it's no possible.

Now you write about this new ROM. Do you think it's better than 12.5.6? Does the recorder work? Today I'll read all messages in your link.

Thanks

I have the latest Xiaomi.eu for Mi9 (v 12.5.6 Stable) but the recorder doesn't work (and I can't record callings). I tried to update the recorder app but it's no possible.

Now you write about this new ROM. Do you think it's better than 12.5.6? Does the recorder work? Today I'll read all messages in your link.

Thanks
First time install ?

Did you check your permissions for system app - Phone.
3d750832ed44f8e85769c332360f8ce7.jpg

--

Reactions: Gstudio
First time install ?

Did you check your permissions for system app - Phone.
3d750832ed44f8e85769c332360f8ce7.jpg

--

I installed v12.5.6 reformatting the phone (followed the instructions with the ROM). I checked the permission and I have:

MULTIMEDIA
"Access and change ...etc" is green like your, but dark (not green light)
"Record audio" is like your

PRIVACY
"Contacts details" is green but dark
"ID Phone" is green (light)

No other options.

But I think is not a phone app problem. If I launch the recorder app and I try to record I have an error ("internal app error" message). Phone app use this app to record and if this doesn't work I can't record calls.

If I try to update with a newer apk it won't install because is a system app (and it won't update automatically from the appstore)

I installed v12.5.6 reformatting the phone (followed the instructions with the ROM). I checked the permission and I have:

MULTIMEDIA
"Access and change ...etc" is green like your, but dark (not green light)
"Record audio" is like your

PRIVACY
"Contacts details" is green but dark
"ID Phone" is green (light)

No other options.

But I think is not a phone app problem. If I launch the recorder app and I try to record I have an error ("internal app error" message). Phone app use this app to record and if this doesn't work I can't record calls.

If I try to update with a newer apk it won't install because is a system app (and it won't update automatically from the appstore)
Factory reset is the next option then

Or u could also reflash the same ROM over and see if that does something

--

Reactions: Gstudio
I think to update to Evolution X. The 12.5.6 EU is dead, no patch, no system app upgrades...... Maybe it's better to have a supported ROM.

I switched to EvoX and in my opinion it doesn't make you regret MIUI. For Xiaomi the Mi9 is dead while the EvoX developers continue to update the ROM, integrating both the security patches and many other functions. I miss some things I used to like in MIUI such as the camera. The *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* is very good, but I also found the stock app in MIUI interesting. At the moment it is not yet possible to install MIUI apps, but it is expected in the next ROM releases. I'm back to being able to record calls (with 12.5.6.0 it didn't work for me anymore) and I can speak and have the Google Assistant execute commands even if the phone is locked (for example I can open the house gate by asking the assistant to do it while I'm driving, Google had disabled this possibility when I was on 12.5.6.0). I recommend it. There is a Telegram channel where the developers are very present and ready to solve any problems.