Best stable rom or beta weekly?

xuromi

Members
Oct 4, 2019
Users of redmi note 5 pro, and redmi note 5/5 plus/5A etc.
those who have tried roms betas and roms stable.
Is it better to have beta or have stable?

I have weekly beta, and I wanted to avoid the step of putting the stable if it does not compensate. Has anyone tried betas and stable?

Users of redmi note 5 pro, and redmi note 5/5 plus/5A etc.
those who have tried roms betas and roms stable.
Is it better to have beta or have stable?

I have weekly beta, and I wanted to avoid the step of putting the stable if it does not compensate. Has anyone tried betas and stable?
I have been using the weekly rom for just over a year (and about a year before that on my RN4) and its been great. With previous devices (many years ago) I used to like flashing the latest version possible, but these days of its stable enough I'll stick with it. I'm currently using weekly beta 9.10.17 from a few weeks back (I wanted to update to miui 11) and everything is working fine for me. I don't use MAGISK or any other root/mods. I tend not to update for months at a time but keep an eye on the weekly beta update forum posts. If I'm not experiencing any bugs or there aren't any new features added then I don't feel compelled to update.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xuromi
I'm using latest beta and everything fine. Magisk can be an issue with some of the betas, so I stopped using it as well.

Really, I haven't noticed any difference between stable and weekly roms. The former are in fact not more "stable" in the full sense of this word. Among both there are good roms, as well as buggy ones. So, try them yourself and decide which one functions the best way.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gazzasore