Better ROM for Mi8 Camera??

Djmarcomb

Members
Oct 25, 2018
hello everyone i'm new to the forum, i bought a xiaomi mi8 from a Chinese store, is arrived with bootloader unlocked and global rom, I read that there are problems with noise in photos taken with mi8 and miui 10 (xiaomi.eu). I bought this smartphone also for its good camera quality, which rom do you recommend install? or do I stay with the global? Thx

P.s.: Sorry for my bad english

Do you like the pictures shooted with the global rom?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Do you like the pictures shooted with the global rom?

I tried the mi8 only today, just a few photos, so I can not give a judgment..more than anything else I would like to install xiaomi.eu to remove the microlag in the system especially when I go back home, and have all the appropriate fixes. But as far as I read from you (if I remember correctly) you complained about the shots. In an Italian android forum I've seen really beautiful and very detailed shots. Is it possible that you can not find a compromise between a good rom and an excellent camera software?

I've never said Xiaomi.eu has problems with the pictures quality! I want that to be cleared from the beginning.

Actually, Global was bad in MiUi9 and that's the reason I moved to xiaomi.eu almost 3 months ago. Now, I don't know how is camera on Global, but reading the comments of Mi8 users that are using it, it's worse than MiUi9. I'll never install Global on my mi8, even if they allow me to lock the bootloader of my Chaina Mi8.

Xiaomi.eu is ok. I like it very much. I'm greatfull that it exists, because it sloved my problems. It's fast, it's problemless and well supported with great comunity. I've made great pics with auto and manual mode on it, but camera app needs optimization in auto mode, because in some scenarios it fails bad for a flagship camera, also used in the latest Pixel 3. You probably saw what imx363 sensor is capable of on pixel 3, what about night sight? Do you like it? Do you want your sensor to perform the same or close to it?

The bad results in auto mode is not bacause of the xiaomi.eu, but because the Xiaomi Chaina Devs are sleeping, the Global Devs are even worse. I hope with the reliese of mix3, the better results in DXO, the new night mode to bring this also to Mi8, since the rear cameras are identical, but we will see. If they don't do that Mi8 will be, probably, the worse supported flagship of Xiaomi. At the end, they will have nothing, but many pissed off Mi8 users - check the en.miui.com, if you don't believe me and they are getting more, and more every day.

The best for a Chaina Mi8 with unlocked bootloader and a EU user infront of it, is xiaomi.eu. You are missing lots of important features on Global ROM with unlocked bootloader.

Hope I was clear enough. I won't stop bitching the camera till they fix it or till I sell the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don415
I believe that, if you really wanna improve your camera you should probably try installing the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...*-xiaomi-mi-8-google-camera-mod-stable.46196/).

I've never said Xiaomi.eu has problems with the pictures quality! I want that to be cleared from the beginning.

Actually, Global was bad in MiUi9 and that's the reason I moved to xiaomi.eu almost 3 months ago. Now, I don't know how is camera on Global, but reading the comments of Mi8 users that are using it, it's worse than MiUi9. I'll never install Global on my mi8, even if they allow me to lock the bootloader of my Chaina Mi8.

Xiaomi.eu is ok. I like it very much. I'm greatfull that it exists, because it sloved my problems. It's fast, it's problemless and well supported with great comunity. I've made great pics with auto and manual mode on it, but camera app needs optimization in auto mode, because in some scenarios it fails bad for a flagship camera, also used in the latest Pixel 3. You probably saw what imx363 sensor is capable of on pixel 3, what about night sight? Do you like it? Do you want your sensor to perform the same or close to it?

The bad results in auto mode is not bacause of the xiaomi.eu, but because the Xiaomi Chaina Devs are sleeping, the Global Devs are even worse. I hope with the reliese of mix3, the better results in DXO, the new night mode to bring this also to Mi8, since the rear cameras are identical, but we will see. If they don't do that Mi8 will be, probably, the worse supported flagship of Xiaomi. At the end, they will have nothing, but many pissed off Mi8 users - check the en.miui.com, if you don't believe me and they are getting more, and more every day.

The best for a Chaina Mi8 with unlocked bootloader and a EU user infront of it, is xiaomi.eu. You are missing lots of important features on Global ROM with unlocked bootloader.

Hope I was clear enough. I won't stop bitching the camera till they fix it or till I sell the phone.

I expressed myself wrong, I meant that in general in the miui 10 you found yourself bad with the camera .. I would like to find the same camera that takes really well as seen online. If tomorrow leaves the weekly load that and i try ..