Bl Locked Again After Flashing Eu Rom?

acn

Members
Jan 17, 2014
A couple of months ago i unlocked my Redmi 3 Pro and flashed TWRP + xiomi.eu 7.5.1 stable ROM.
Checked today and it seems that the BL is locked again:
Code:
fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader)     Device tampered: false
(bootloader)     Device unlocked: false
(bootloader)     Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader)     Display panel:
OKAY [  0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.006s
How that happened?
I thought that custom ROM don't work at all with locked bootloader?
TWRP is working fine, I'm making regular backups.
And how to unlock it again?
Tried unlocking it with Mi tool, but of course it stops on 50% with verifying problem.
Can i flash newer versions of xiaomi.eu ROM via TWRP or could I expect any problems because of BL?

And how is it possible that xiaomi.eu ROM locked the BL?
Quote from the download page:
Code:
No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release

Have 100% same problem, so acn did you try to update with custom ROM(xiaomi.eu) with your current status:
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
Asking just in case to know what to do ?

I couldn't update with BL locked, TWRP was giving error 7 and MIUI updater "couldn't verify" zip.
I had this case twice now: with 7.5.1 stable and 6.5.26 dev versions.
Always the same procedure: unlock, flash offical TWRP and flash xiaomi.eu ROM. After that, BL was locked again and ROM would work fine until next flash via TWRP, then it would soft brick.
In the first case I was able to flash china dev ROM in fastboot mode with newer version Miflash (6.8.30).
The 6.5.26 proved to be tougher to solve, miflash in fastboot was stopping with message that the phone is locked. It was solved vith this combo: EDL mode + older miflash version 20151028.
In both cases the phone was soft-bricked only, fastboot and EDL mode were working.
One of this phones is now running latest MIUI 8 dev version, whatever was the problem in xiaomi.eu v7 ROMs seems to be solved in 8.
I really love v7 ROM on Redmi but too bad it locks the BL.
Maybe developers could help with this locking issue, but I'm afraid they all migrated to MIUI 8 and have forgotten about v7 or Redmi :-(

Thank for your answer, but I really more interesting with ROM 8 update
whatever was the problem in xiaomi.eu v7 ROMs seems to be solved in 8.
and can't unlock my device - stops on 50% so I don't want to update now, till will know clear way to don't have my device be bricked

You can not unlock on xiaomi.eu ROM.
First flash china dev via fastboot/edl and then unlock.

Thanks for your answer again, but I can't get how my bootloader can be locked again?
what I've done before:
- installed china dev ROM latest;
- unlocked bootloader in usual way throw xiaomi account;
- installed custom xiaomi.eu ROM and TWRP and Root.
And now my bootloader locked again WTF?
In this case I wouldn't like to flash it again --->> F...k IT ))))

You can not unlock on xiaomi.eu ROM.
First flash china dev via fastboot/edl and then unlock.
I'm on weekly roms, and have encountered the soft brick problem with .10 update. I successfully unlocked my device through the official Mi app with the weekly installed.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

A few questions from a newbie...
I'm with BL locked and Miui 8 Global stable but I'd like to test and use the EU Rom. It seams that with BL unlock some security features provided by Xiomi became unsupported, one of that, the find device feature. Is that true? The phone will be unsupported by Xiaomi? As I saw in an diagonal reading if I lock BL again is no way to update the eu Rom..is this right?

It seams that with BL unlock some security features provided by Xiomi became unsupported, one of that, the find device feature. Is that true? The phone will be unsupported by Xiaomi? As I saw in an diagonal reading if I lock BL again is no way to update the eu Rom..is this right?
Not true, everything is supported. Can't update eu rom with locked bootloader, must be unlocked.