Black screen but vibrating (Redmi Note 12 Pro)

slate

Members
Sep 1, 2024
Hi everyone. Since yesterday I've been having problems with my Redmi Note 12 Pro.

Initially it was a banal problem related to the power button: it was hypersensitive, as if someone was holding it down continuously. The phone therefore kept restarting.
I decided to disassemble the phone and luckily I solved the power button problem.
Unfortunately, however, two problems are occurring, one of which is very bad.
1) The screen sometimes stays black and when I hold down the power button I feel the vibration but nothing happens. Sometimes I can restart it, other times I can't. it's very frustrating. I read that it's a common problem. When it starts working again, often after a certain amount of time (minutes or hours) the screen goes black again, for no apparent reason.
2) The second problem, certainly caused by me, is that the volume buttons no longer work.

Is it possible that replacing the side buttons can solve the black screen problem?
I read that in the various tutorials they recommend solving the black screen problem by holding down the power button together with the volume button, which for obvious reasons is not possible for me.

Luckily, in one of the brief periods in which the screen worked, I backed up my photos and data. So I don't need a "temporary" solution.

I also did a factory reset but nothing changed.

If I should buy another phone, tell me openly. Frankly I don't know what to do with a phone in these conditions