Bluetooth headphones/Assign buttons issues

Randomize

Members
Dec 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've recently replaced a Moto G7 Power that got broken with a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. The phone is on the 12.0.1.0QJZEUXM Stable MIUI. So what I'm trying to do is use a Skullcandy Jib+ Active headset as I was able to on the Motorola phone, where I could control the volume slider with buttons on the headphones, use equalizer etc. The Jib+ headphones are not detected as headphones, I see just the headset (I asume) icon in the upper tray, but not the headphone icon. I tried it with 2 wired headphones, one a larger Arctis from Steelseries and some other generic wired headphones. Both cases they were detected by the Xiaomi phone so I could make use of the equalizer, which I cannot use with the Bluetooth Jib+.

To make things weirder, the Jib+ buttons work somewhat normally, i.e. the volume works (but doesn't move the volume sliders on the phone, so I get to use 2 volumes basically), the play/pause button works too, and so is the long press Vol Up/Down (which on the Jib+ is track forward/back). They're usable for sure, but it would be nice to get them properly connected like with the Moto phone.

Another of my worries is that the phone might be using the telephony mode which is lower quality, I know the headphones have one from when I use them with Windows 10, where I get 2 modes for the headphones: Jib+ Active Stereo (music), and Jib+ Active Hands-free AG Audio (lower quality, seems to be telephony related). Although I'm 99% sure it uses the correct music mode.

Is this issue fixable? Thanks!

I'll attach some screeshots.
03ab846b5b.jpg5fb45740ff.jpgcd40f1ad8a.jpg