New Bluetooth headset issue (plz need advice)

zacharias99

Members
Sep 19, 2013
Hallo,
I have some issues with my bluetooth headset and i don't know what to do...
The problem comes definitely from the Mi2S as my friend's Mi2S has EXACTLY the same issue whereas every other android phone i tested works perfectly.
My Bluetooth Handsfree is the Sony SBH50. I can hear music with no problem... I can hear people's voice perfect!
BUT they don't hear me good enough... It sometimes makes some interruptions of my voice they tell me... I can hear them fluently but they don't understand a word from me! And this does happen often.

I tried other MIUI version... But nothing... Erased Dalvik, cache... nothing... Tried the same bluetooth Headset from a friend... Again the same problem, so its 100% our phone's problem...

Please... Any idea of what can be wrong?? Maybe kernel or smthg?? Till now the phone worked like a charm for me, but since i bought the bluetooth headset i found this problem and it drives me mad after each phone call...

Btw, i don't want to change the headset, as it has a display with caller ID and its very usefull (except if you know any other headset with such a display).

Please help me!

Thank you!!

Bluetooth sucks in general. I would encourage you to try a different headset and see if the problem still exists.

Sent from my MI 2SC

This issue drives me mad... After each phone call i want to throw and break the phone...
Any other guy has problems with his bluetooth headset?? My friend has the same issue(he has mi2 too) with a sonyericsson bluetooth headset... He can hardly communicate with some1 else...

Really guys you should look after that problem instead of adding pics and themes in every patch...
The phone should work properly with a bluetooth headset (which is for people who spend lots of time on calls very important) and not cause that issues :(

The specific headset you own could have issues with a variety of devices.

It is not the job of Xiaomi or the miuiandroid staff to ensure 100% compatibility with every Bluetooth product out there.

For the record, I have no issues with miui or any of my Bluetooth devices. You may want to try other headsets before blaming our devs.

Sent from my MI 2SC

My friend i tried 2 other headsets and both of them had problems... (the one was an old one so it doesn't really count :D)

I didn't want to blame any Dev. for the problem. Sorry if i got misunderstood! I just had a bad day due to this bluetooth issue and started talking nonsense... Nervermind, seems that i have to change my headset or the phone :D

Since i love the first one, the bluetooth should say bye bye... It's a pitty though as it cost me 60euro :/ Hope that the next one will work properly...

Thx

Hi same here , i tried with plantronics & jabra bluetooth headset. Using both i got comments of voice break during a call.
Calling directly from the phone is good no issues at all.
But if we pair a bluetooth headset & try to call there is a voice break, it is confirmed.
Plz advice some solution, iam very much impressed with the phone except bluetooth issue.

Same problem with me also. Tried 2 platronics and 1 motorola with the same voice cutting issue. Please advice some solution. The headset works fine paired with a sony phone.

Hi same issue here, using plantronics. Switched to use mi3 yesterday and everyone is complaining on my mechanical and strange voice sound. headset works fine with other android phones.

Too bad...
Making calls with a bluetooth headset (or carkit) with MIUI 4.6.9 and my MI3W starts of with good audio quality, but after some time (30 seconds, 5 minutes, ..) people start to complain that my voice quality has become very poor (similar to the other complaints in this thread). Apparently there is some interference with something else, but haven't discovered yet what...

Last edited:
I can confirm the same findings using a plantronics headset with a Mi3 running 4.11.xx.

I can hear the others perfectly, however the others hear me with heavy distortion.

The same headset works perfectly on a Samsung galaxy S2, a Oneplus one and a Zopo ZP998.

This should be reported upstream to the en.miui.com bug reports.