Bluetooth Icon

derfl

Members
Apr 8, 2016
Hi Team,

is it possible to see the Bluetooth Icon only when it's connected to a device like in the normal Android P version.

I have Bluetooth always on and don't like to see the icon on the left side of my Mi8 lite all the time.

Or is there a way to disable the icon with Bluetooth on? Can somebody explain how to do. Thanks.

I'm rooted.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks. Tried the System Ui tuner everything working fine except the Bluetooth icon. It won't go away with the System UI Tuner. I think because the icon is on the left side from the notch.

What do I have to edit to get rid of the icon. Thanks.

I think that editing apk is not worth it (you have to do it after every system update), but if you are asking... You have to delete one method in MiuiSystemUI.apk, but I think that replacing all bluetooth icons with 1px width alpha images will also work (I'm not sure).

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your help.

My problem is that I absolutely have no clue how to do it.

Is there a How to on the net or can you explain it for me step by step.

Thanks.

This is very time-consuming and not worth it, so treat it as educational content.

1. https://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/install/
2. Take MiuiSystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, framework-res-ext.apk, miuisystem.apk, miui.apk from your phone and put in in the same folder as 1. These can be found in:
/system/app
/system/priv-app
/system/framework
(You can use ES File Manager or TWRP)
3. Open CMD here and type 'apktool if framework-res.apk -p /your/path/new/Folder' for every mentioned apks except MiuiSystemUI
4. Type 'apktool d MiuiSystemUI.apk -p /your/path/new/Folder'
5. Navigate to MiuiSystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\phone\PhoneStatusBarPolicy.smali and open it with notepad++ or something.
6. Find this code, add the line in blue and save (the ;) is ';' and ')' autoformatting on forum).

invoke-interface {v3, v4, v0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarIconController;->setIcon(Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/CharSequence;)V

iget-object v3, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBarPolicy;->mIconController:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarIconController;

iget-object v4, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBarPolicy;->mSlotBluetooth:Ljava/lang/String;

const/4 v2, 0x0

invoke-interface {v3, v4, v2}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarIconController;->setIconVisibility(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

return-void
.end method

7. In CMD type 'apktool b MiuiSystemUI -p /your/path/new/Folder'
8. Unpack the apk form 'dist' folder by 7-zip.
9. Open archieve, but don't unpack (original MiuiSystemUI.apk) by 7-zip, delete existing classes.dex and drag new one from unpacked from 'dist' folder and close 7-zip.
10. Take this apk from and put in the original path in the phone, make sure it is named 'MiuiSystemUI.apk' (rename original MiuiSystemUI.apk to MiuiSystemUI.apk.old so you can revert in case of problems)
11. Reboot

The Bluetooth icon won't be shown anymore.

If the phone doesn't boot, enter TWRP, mount /system and in file manager delete your apk, and rename the original apk to the original name.

Hope it will work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: derfl
Wow thanks a lot.

It's a lot of work for removing the icon.

Will try it but it's really not for every week tweaking.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: maksz