Boot to recovery using key combination

hadron

Members
Sep 23, 2012
Does any body know how to boot into recovery mode using key combination on Mi2?
I tried volume up + power button with out success. Volume down + power button flashes fast boot logo but still no recovery or fast boot :(

Edit:

For recovery, when phone is powered off press volume up key and then the power ON key. Release both keys when you see MI logo on screen.

For fast boot , when phone is powered off press volume - key and then the power ON key. Release both keys when you see fast boot logo on screen.

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Reactions: achilles14
Ok. I figured it out. I was keeping it pressed too long :p keys should be released as soon as we see the logo. Which is opposite to the other recoveries /devices

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

For recovery, when phone is powered off press volume + key and then the power ON key. Release both keys when you see MI logo on screen.

For fast boot , when phone is powered off press volume - key and then the power ON key. Release both keys when you see fast boot logo on screen.

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

I tried to install the newst rom. put the update.zip file in the root, then volume up & power button, but it won't get past the mi logo, can i fix this?

I tried to install the newst rom. put the update.zip file in the root, then volume up & power button, but it won't get past the mi logo, can i fix this?

You should press volume first then power.
Did you release the buttons as soon as you see the mi logo.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Rom manager does the same
It can also be done using built in updater app. But key combination is important because you can boot to recovery if you have boot loop or some other problem and can not use the ROM manager or updater app for recovery.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Reactions: tamil18
hey guys do you know this imei reparing ?. is there a any program for imei changing. ı bought xiaomi m2 from ıbuygou.com. but ı cant use the phone wıth stock ımei. there is a huge tax about my phone. ı dont wanna pay extra 150 dolar. what must ı do.