Boot To Twrp Throws "system Has Been Destroyed"

Suporex

Members
Sep 13, 2017
Hello guys,

I have a friend with Mi6 and I was telling him how good xiaomi.eu roms are. I am trying to update his phone to the newest one and I use the recommended twrp --> twrp-3.2.1-0-sagit
but when I execute:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Google\Android>fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-sagit.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.551s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.002s]
finished. total time: 0.554s

seems it is successful but on screen it only shows System has been destroyed (pres power button to shut down)

I have searched internet and I only found that issue might be with cable. But we tried many cables all genuine and issue is same so I don't think that is the issue.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

More info? Phone was on stock(rom)? Is it unlocked? What about flashing twrp first via "fastboot flash recovery xxxxx.img" ?

I think rom does not matter at all here we are talking about booting to twrp
I believe it is unlocked as otherwise booting would not show "OK"
we do not want to permanently flash different bootloader

Once more.... Is the bootloader unlocked? Don`t know what displayed if you try to flash twrp with locked bootloader. But it has to be unlocked to flash twrp and a custom rom!
When you turn on the phone there will be displayed the message "unlocked" during boot sequence at the bottom of the screen. If not, unlock bootloader first.
Then try flashing twrp via fastboot with the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-sagit.img". After that you can boot into twrp via command "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-sagit.img" and install custom rom.

If nothing works you should maybe flash a fastboot rom (stock rom) with miflash first and then retry.

Last edited:
It was on stock rom or not. Unlocked? You can get into only in fastboot mode right? Οφ it is unlocked try with mi flash or China mi pcsuite in fastboot. Otherwise you need test point method unfortunately. Try to Google it . Test point method sagit.

And yes it's all about bootloader locked or unlocked

we are trying to unlock but the page changes to Chinese and we don't know what are they asking. really weird, Only first page has possibility to change back to English and we start from en.miui.com/unlock/ so why it keeps changing the language...