Bootloader: Permission Granted At First But After 10 Days Rejected.

Feb 25, 2016
Hi all,Can someone please tell me what's going on?

I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, running MIUI Global 8.0 Stable 8.0.4.0 (MBFMIDG)
On the 29th of October I asked for permission to unlock the bootloader. I copied and pasted a Chinese text saying that I'm stuck in bootloop, so i need to unlock the bootloader in order to update the firmware.
On the 30th of October I've been granted permission through a text message Xiaomi send me (Attachment 1).
Attachment 1.png
But every time I tried to unlock the bootloader it got stuck at 50%. Saying that it couldn't find the device dispite the geo-locating procedure through i.mi.com.
Today the 10th of November I was rejected for unlocking the device (Attachment 2).
Attachment 2.jpg
I can't find a way to re-apply, because when i go to en.miui.com/unlock it says that I've been rejected, and there's no other button/option to reapply(Attachment 3)
Attachment 3.png
Yesterday I've send an email to Xiaomi, but they weren't helpful. I pasted the email below:
Hi X,

Welcome to Xiaomi Customer Support!

I understand your concern and I'll surely help you in this regards. I would request you to apply it on the mentioned link in order to unlock your Mi phone http://en.miui.com/unlock/. Please do read below message for the potential risks after unlock boot loader:
  • Allowed to modify system important component, and is likely to cause equipment damage to some extent;
  • Device Security will lose the guarantee, vulnerable to malware attacks, resulting in personal privacy data leaks;
  • Parts of the highly security function of the system, such as: find device, value-added services and so on will not be supported;
  • Part of the system functions will be modified, will affect the system regarding of the latest version upgrades, unable to experience the MIUI latest service.
Please do noted that above is not all the risks, please do think twice before the boot loader process apply.

You will get permission within 10 to 15 days for unlocking the Boot-Loader. After you've got the permission to unlock boot loader, please try the following steps to unlock boot loader accordingly:
  • Please kindly check if the mobile device is developer version to process the unlock.
  • Kindly download the unlock tool into computer.
  • Please log into mi account which already have the permission to unlock.
  • After log in, manually enter into boot loader mode (turn of mobile device, press power button + volume down together)
  • Log into mi account which have the permission to unlock through computer, connect mobile device.
  • Click on the “unlock", after 10-15 seconds to complete the unlock.
Should you have any queries, feel free to write to us. We'll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you for being a valued customer. Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Anant
Xiaomi Customer Support

From what I've read recently on this forum, unlocking the bootloader is even possible when running the global stable ROM.