Brick After Installing Xiaomi.eu_multi_mi5_6.12.8_v8-7.0

adbuehler

Members
Dec 10, 2016
Hello

I just tried to install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.12.8_v8-7.0, twrp told me theres a mistake, i rebooted and now i cant get into fastboot or recovery

My phone has a unlocked bootloader

Please help!

Congratulations! Same thing I`ve got 5 minutes ago.
Have you tryed solution in video
[solution] Mi5 Hard Bricked After Update Nougat
?

Reactions: adbuehler
Hello
I have the MI5 64 GB and my wife 32 GB.

I bought from Trading Shenzhen. They suggested not to update the phone, as already some of their customers have the problem. Any recommendations? What should I do? Currently I run with latest version under Android 6: 6.11.10.

Is the risk too high, and I should better install Global ROM?

i think thats sad, a smartphone which you shouldnt update...the mi5 is my last Xiaomi device for sure

Just updated my Mi5 Prime to this ROM and its running very smoothly :D No problems so far, just a minor bug, when I tried to set the fingerprint in the 1st time boot welcome screen, I got a crash, but when I skiped it and got into the Home Screen, I already had my fingerprints backed up in the cloud. Performance wise, it looks faster, you see more available RAM (~500MB+), and now I'll check how the battery consumption handles.

No brick but error with twrp installation. Also not possible to use third part fonts. Something seems wrong...

just let it be, i almost lost it about my flashing experiences today...i will never change the global rom again, and i flashed about 100 phones with custom firmwares, but this thing ****ed me pretty bad!

just let it be, i almost lost it about my flashing experiences today...i will never change the global rom again, and i flashed about 100 phones with custom firmwares, but this thing ****ed me pretty bad!
My previous HTC One S, was under almost every available firmware, I`ve totally changed partition few times, and was few times bricked, but it easy recoverable.

I'm still have hope that method in video will help, but for now I have no proper screwdriver

Just updated my Mi5 Prime to this ROM and its running very smoothly :D No problems so far, just a minor bug, when I tried to set the fingerprint in the 1st time boot welcome screen, I got a crash, but when I skiped it and got into the Home Screen, I already had my fingerprints backed up in the cloud. Performance wise, it looks faster, you see more available RAM (~500MB+), and now I'll check how the battery consumption handles.

My previous HTC One S, was under almost every available firmware, I`ve totally changed partition few times, and was few times bricked, but it easy recoverable.

I'm still have hope that method in video will help, but for now I have no proper screwdriver

i had to try like 20 times until the phone was connected to my pc, so be patient. Also i had to download the exact rom the guy in the video uses, with all other roms it didnt work. now its again running like a champ ;-)

same problem here, didn't read the forum before updating -_-
did anyone try and let the battery discharge instead of opening it?
it should be enough to flash the last version of TWRP

Hello you got not an error during flashing with twrp?
I got an weird error but since then the ROM seems ok, no errors at all. Just a minor thing: yesterday when i pulled the notification tray, it disappeared, only restored after locking/unlocking phone 2-3 times.

My phone bricked while trying to update to 6.8.12 yesterday (my mistake is twrp version that I used is not up to date), but it rescued by trying the video from thread
[solution] Mi5 Hard Bricked After Update Nougat
and it really works.

Now, I'm just stick to 6.11.10 and wait for less buggy version for nougat in future.
6.11.10 is really drain my batt, terrible.

good luck guys, im so glad i got it to work again. Its a big Nono, that this Firmware bricks your phone so bad - i will never use eu-Firmwares again.

hi, so because of all the posts last day I was not sure to update my mi5 to nougat. But I am happy doing the update. Yeah you should install the last supersu. I installed nougat quick and dirty over the last weekly from xiaomi.eu. After then you should reboot 1.st time without root, then reboot in recovery and install supersu. In all things you are doing with your phone, keeps in mind that you should know what you are doing. Nobody is forcing you to update, you are free adbuehler to do what you want. Maybe you should read before doing something in the future. It takes me 10 minutes of google search what to do with nougat.

Compared to the the other roms I do not realize any big differences, the uptime is great. The last weekend 1. charging on friday, the 2nd. charging on monday afternoon. nothing to lament!

Thank you guys from xiaomi.eu for your rom.

Reactions: Didac Gil
I can confirm 100% the update 6.12.8 and root with latest superSU v2.78-SR5 for root is working at a glance for my Mi5pro.
Follow procedure recommendation of dtvab member.

I can confirm 100% the update 6.12.8 and root with latest superSU v2.78-SR5 for root is working at a glance for my Mi5pro.
Follow procedure recommendation of dtvab member.

I'm not lucky at all. I bought two screwdriver sets and non of them is able to help me... Found thread http://en.miui.com/thread-324300-1-1.html where users can make EDL cable to sent phone to flash mode, but there is no instruction how to act in case of full dischargement and unavailability to switch phone off/on.

hi. i flashed this rom but i didn't flashed super su , so now my device is not rooted. how can i root my phone now?

hi. i flashed this rom but i didn't flashed super su , so now my device is not rooted. how can i root my phone now?

DL SuperSU, you can find link in first post over here... And flash it via TWRP same way you flashed rom...
And you'll be rooted... :D

Reactions: ov1lord
Hello

I just tried to install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.12.8_v8-7.0, twrp told me theres a mistake, i rebooted and now i cant get into fastboot or recovery

My phone has a unlocked bootloader

Please help!

U sure u first installed NEW Twrp?
Installed it as new recovery?
And rebooted?
And then installed ROM?