Bricked after updating via TWRP

ChrisP

Members
Dec 22, 2021
Hey folks,

I tried dirtyflashing V12.5.19.0.RKHCNX over V12.5.18.0 via recovery which failed for some reason and resulted in bootloop into TWRP. I tried then to revert/flash back into V12.5.18.0 which now killed my device completely:
I can still access TWRP but adb sideloading/pushing and installing the rom fails and I get the prompt "Unable to mount storage"/"Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)".

Any ideas and hints would be highly appreciated.

Edit: Okay, after repairing the partition failed I checked and changed the file system to Ext2 and reinstalled the rom. Wipe Dalvik and Reboot...and still only boots to TWRP.

Edit2: Flashing + format data did the trick. Going through the pains of resetting my stuff again: What did I do wrong in the beginning? Flashing a stable over a stable version shouldn't be a problem, right?

Last edited:
flashing xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.19.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip
dirty over the last stable version through TWRP wasn't a problem.
Did you check md5sum after download?

Good guess. I didn't tbh but I should have: The >3gb download wasn't rock solid through out and paused once/twice. Probably messed up there.

Another thing: Am I losing my mind or are rounded corners new on the K40? The screen appears to be shrunk in size on 12.5.19.0...

Reactions: kyj8100