Bricked AND locked Mi 11 Ultra

louis_kreitmann

Members
Sep 6, 2021
Hello All,

Here is a tricky situation and I'm sure the most advanced Mi users will struggle with this one! I am counting on your collective intelligence...

I have bought a Chinese Mi 11 Ultra from a Chinese website, and had an EU ROM installed.
When I flashed an update in TWRP there was a little issue with the Phone (Camera not working, some other minor issues) so I tried to flash the EU ROM from fastboot again.
That's when everything screwed up. I ended up locking the phone and bricking it.
I can only log into Fastboot or I get the terrible "The system has been destroyed" screen.

I used MiFlash to Flash a new Global ROM, Chinese ROM, EU ROM ---> didn't work.
1. I had the error message about "antirollback check pass" so I removed the lines below from the flash_all.bat script
[::check anti_version
if exist %~dp0images\anti_version.txt (for /f "delims==" %%a in (%~dp0images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%%a))
if [%CURRENT_ANTI_VER%] EQU [] set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=0
for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('fastboot %* getvar anti 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%%i)
if [%version%] EQU [] set version=0
set anticheck="antirollback check pass"
if %version% GTR %CURRENT_ANTI_VER% set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"
echo %anticheck% | findstr /r /c:"pass" || @echo "Antirollback check error" && exit /B 1]

2. I had the error message about "crclist.txt" so I removed the lines below from the script
[fastboot %* getvar crc 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^crc: 1" && if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
fastboot %* flash crclist %~dp0images\crclist.txt || @echo "Flash crclist error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash sparsecrclist %~dp0images\sparsecrclist.txt || @echo "Flash sparsecrclist error" && exit /B 1
)]

3. Now I am stuck with the "Erase is not allowed in locked state" error message.
I tried to apply to unlock the phone via MiUnlock but it says I have to log into developper mode in the phone... which I can't do because it is bricked of course.

I AM STUCK !!
Can any expert help me please ?
Best
Louis

Hello,

Better ask for advices before trying dangerous things, hm? ^^

You are stuck, so now you can contact an "EDL Unlock" paid service via Telegram to fix your device (by example: @*spam*paid*service*). ;)

It generally cost ~25 €.

:)

Hello All,

Here is a tricky situation and I'm sure the most advanced Mi users will struggle with this one! I am counting on your collective intelligence...

I have bought a Chinese Mi 11 Ultra from a Chinese website, and had an EU ROM installed.
When I flashed an update in TWRP there was a little issue with the Phone (Camera not working, some other minor issues) so I tried to flash the EU ROM from fastboot again.
That's when everything screwed up. I ended up locking the phone and bricking it.
I can only log into Fastboot or I get the terrible "The system has been destroyed" screen.

1. I had the error message about "antirollback check pass" so I removed the lines below from the flash_all.bat script
if exist %~dp0images\anti_version.txt (for /f "delims==" %%a in (%~dp0images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%%a))
for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('fastboot %* getvar anti 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%%i)
if %version% GTR %CURRENT_ANTI_VER% set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"
echo %anticheck% | findstr /r /c:"pass" || @echo "Antirollback check error" && exit /B 1]

2. I had the error message about "crclist.txt" so I removed the lines below from the script
[fastboot %* getvar crc 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^crc: 1" && if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
fastboot %* flash crclist %~dp0images\crclist.txt || @echo "Flash crclist error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash sparsecrclist %~dp0images\sparsecrclist.txt || @echo "Flash sparsecrclist error" && exit /B 1
)]

3. Now I am stuck with the "Erase is not allowed in locked state" error message.
I tried to apply to unlock the phone via MiUnlock but it says I have to log into developper mode in the phone... which I can't do because it is bricked of course.

I AM STUCK !!
Best
Louis
If you can still access fastboot, have you tried using the MiUnlock tool? If your bootloader has become relocked somehow, you will mot be able to flash anything. If thr bootloader is locked, start the process overagain. Avoid paying others to do what you can do.

Hello,

Better ask for advices before trying dangerous things, hm? ^^

You are stuck, so now you can contact an "EDL Unlock" paid service via Telegram to fix your device (by example: @*spam*paid*service*). ;)

It generally cost ~25 €.

:)
Thanks for the reply... I think (from what I have read on the forums) that pretty much the same thing happened to you, right?
I don't mind paying 25€, it's just that I'd like to understand how this thing work and be able to do it myself that's all lol...

If you can still access fastboot, have you tried using the MiUnlock tool? If your bootloader has become relocked somehow, you will mot be able to flash anything. If thr bootloader is locked, start the process overagain. Avoid paying others to do what you can do.
Hey :) Thanks for your advice. Using the MiUnlock tool has not worked so far because in MiUnlock I have a message basically saying I need to log into the phone, go to Developer mode and unlock the device... which I cannot do because it's bricked... It's like a circular situation, if you see what I mean?
Is there a way I can unlock the phone without having to log into it directly?
Thanks again so much :)

Thanks for the reply... I think (from what I have read on the forums) that pretty much the same thing happened to you, right?
I don't mind paying 25€, it's just that I'd like to understand how this thing work and be able to do it myself that's all lol...
I never used an "EDL Unbrick" service but this service can unbrick any Xiaomi devices because these guys have "special" Xiaomi account(s) allowing to flash any ROM when in EDL mode. ;)

Normal Xiaomi accounts can't flash ROMs in EDL mode. :(

Can you boot TWRP? Use the ADB command while the phone is in fastboot and use the command <fastboot boot TWRP.img>. It this works and is successful, format your internal storage znd try again. If that will not work, I would recommend you contact a Xiaomi service center.

I understood the bootloader is locked… so he cant install the custom rom and he cant unlock the phone coz he cant access developer settings coz the system is not loading

Reactions: Doush_504
If the Individual was the original owner/user that ulocked the phone, isn't that data and account info stored on the Mi servers and if you use the same Mitool and login from the same PC, you should be able to reunlock your device if you can still access fastboot mode.

the latest chinese fastboot rom doesnt work to flash with miflash ?
Code:
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.5.12.0.RKACNXM/star_images_V12.5.12.0.RKACNXM_20210805.0000.00_11.0_cn_9ab468b6fb.tgz
(antirollback check)

edit, didnt read, your bootloader is locked again...

than you need someone who will flash this phone in edl moe

If the Individual was the original owner/user that ulocked the phone, isn't that data and account info stored on the Mi servers and if you use the same Mitool and login from the same PC, you should be able to reunlock your device if you can still access fastboot mode.
Hey :) That might be a good idea, I'll contact the website that sold me the phone initially. I'll let you know what they said.

Like who...? besides this russian Telegram guy that everybody mentions all the time?
If you have access to the account that originally unlocked the phone you can reunlock the bootloader in fastboot mode, however if you do not have access to that information and your phone is still under warranty, contact Xiaomi.

Hello All,

)]

I AM STUCK !!
Best
Louis

My brother, nothing is impossible. Just follow this link,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
, download global rom for your phone and solve the problem. ;)
Watch the video.

User MI 11 :D

My brother, nothing is impossible. Just follow this link,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
, download global rom for your phone and solve the problem. ;)
Watch the video.

User MI 11 :D

Good tutorial, but this method is only for who have a unlock bootloader... if your bootloader is locked, the only way is the EDL mode... but this mode can only be activated by second-level Xiaomi accounts (i read)..
A normal Xiaomi user could never access it, right?

Good tutorial, but this method is only for who have a unlock bootloader... if your bootloader is locked, the only way is the EDL mode... but this mode can only be activated by second-level Xiaomi accounts (i read)..

you can download stock rom from here and try it…

Did you or someone else unlock your phone originally? The phone is associated with that account. If it was you, your phone should be able to be reunlocked once you login via the MiUnlock tool, if not your only choice is to contact an illegal hacker EDL site.

That is correct.

What I would do in this case, is:
Use a tool - Mtkclient to unlock bootloader with commands in fastboot mode, if fastboot isn't available, then put it in Brom mode with the same tool and then use spflash tool to flash stock fastboot Rom. This is how I've saved multiple devices, this is a 2021 post, I'm sure he already got a new phone by now.

What I would do in this case, is:
Use a tool - Mtkclient to unlock bootloader with commands in fastboot mode, if fastboot isn't available, then put it in Brom mode with the same tool and then use spflash tool to flash stock fastboot Rom. This is how I've saved multiple devices, this is a 2021 post, I'm sure he already got a new phone by now.

I faced the exact same issue (tried to lock the bootloader with indonesian rom on chinese device).
But since I received the phone unlocked with MIUI global installed, I relocked it with miflash & re-applied for unlocking so that it would be associated with my account, not the seller's.