Bricked MI2S

Seamless

Members
May 14, 2013
Hi!

I got by MI2S today and sadly is is already bricked. I´m used to Stock android and flashed the QCR99 from this thred http://en.miui.com/thread-1885-1-2.html. After I flashed it the phone went black and now is i totally dead. The LED-light dosent light when I charge the phone and Volume up + Power On does nothing.

Anyone with a idea about what went wrong?

Reactions: SuperStyle
the qcs99 is only for the mi2.....please inform you before you flash a rom....look in the thread for MiFlash maybe you can flash a fastboot rom...

Yea, really stupid mistake and i dont think I can save the phone. Cant find it from my PC so I dont think MiFlash will work...

Why you flashed aosp android? Stock Android for MI2S is Miui v5.

How do you know It was bricked?

Wysłane z MI 2

I'm a classic flashoholic, and like stock android. ;) This time i made a really stupid mistake...

I think it´s bricked becauce the screen is black all the time. The led-light do not shine when I charge the phone. I have tried volyme down + power button, volyme up + power button, both with and without battery.

But you bricked after flashing stock Android?

Wysłane z MI 2

Yes. I flashed the rom from the update app and rebooted the phone. Insted of rebooting it turned it self of and have stayed that way.

Oh I've been prepping for getting my device and read a couple of times that the mi2s should run the same rom as the m2. Not sure you've made such a silly error

Same rom... but MIUI v5 not stock Android. Why having MIUI would someone flash aosp Android? This makes no sense.

Wysłane z MI 2

Same rom... but MIUI v5 not stock Android. Why having MIUI would someone flash aosp Android? This makes no sense.

Wysłane z MI 2
some people just like stock Android. But I think bigger mistake is installing qcs99as you can't even install on MI2 after installing any new version. He should have tried qdt10. It have better chances to work on mi2s

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi!

I got by MI2S today and sadly is is already bricked. I´m used to Stock android and flashed the QCR99 from this thred http://en.miui.com/thread-1885-1-2.html. After I flashed it the phone went black and now is i totally dead. The LED-light dosent light when I charge the phone and Volume up + Power On does nothing.

Anyone with a idea about what went wrong?
Haven't you seen the red warning at the top of the thread? Which say you can't down grade. Is because of the touch screen firmware.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Totally missed it and have accepted that the phone is dead. Even if its just the firmware to the touchscreen that ****s it up now is it still impossible to get in recovery when i cant see anything on the screen.

If the device doesn't respond to key input there is no way he is going to access fastboot. It is in the first post. The device must now be sent to an assistance center.

I had a similar problem with an HTC Desire HD, it looked completely bricked, but it was more like a reeeeaaaally slow fastboot mode. I managed to start it after 10 minutes (yes, ten minutes) of pressing vol- and power. So maybe you could try something like that.
Or maybe, try to connect it to your USB port and wait the same time (10-15 min) to see if it shows any "sign of life" (it could vibrate, or turn the led on...)
But I would try patiently to start in fastboot mode for ten-15 minutes. I hope your finger won't "fall asleep" (maybe this sentence makes no sense in English xD)

I had the same problem after an update. It is bricked. It is not slow. It doesn't respond to keys, the led doesn't blink (well, it does once for some milliseconds if the cable is inserted while the battery is not in the phone). I tried for a couple of days. Dead...

I had the same problem after an update. It is bricked. It is not slow. It doesn't respond to keys, the led doesn't blink (well, it does once for some milliseconds if the cable is inserted while the battery is not in the phone). I tried for a couple of days. Dead...

Exactly like my phone then. It´s not funny when it happends but it´s just a phone... ;)

I'm sorry you bricked the device...

A question: did it happen because you tried to flash mi2 and not mi2s, or because you tried to flash an old rom?

I thought that mi2s should be compatible with mi2 in term of roms...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Reading some of the posts in here I actually experienced the same dead phone/LED coming on for a second then turning off again. I started getting nervous but after trying a few different chargers and cables I was able to get the phone functioning to the point where I could access recovery/CWM once again.

I'm sorry you bricked the device...

A question: did it happen because you tried to flash mi2 and not mi2s, or because you tried to flash an old rom?

I thought that mi2s should be compatible with mi2 in term of roms...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Probably because I tried to flash an old rom. The Mi2S are compatible with Mi2-roms but I might be wrong.

Reading some of the posts in here I actually experienced the same dead phone/LED coming on for a second then turning off again. I started getting nervous but after trying a few different chargers and cables I was able to get the phone functioning to the point where I could access recovery/CWM once again.

How? Was the phone plugged in when it started to work? Battery in the phone or just the charger?

How? Was the phone plugged in when it started to work? Battery in the phone or just the charger?

Yes the phone was plugged in, battery still inside and everything.

Although at first when I noticed my light started pulsing I decided to leave it on the charger for about 10 minutes untouched, and resulted in my phone working again.

I hope the same scenario works for you!

Reactions: Seamless