Bricked Mix3 need help

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Hi, I have a bricked Mix3. A friend of mine tried to flash it and it was bricked. Bootloader is locked and system has been destroyed.

I think the only way is to put the Mix3 in EDL mode (using testpoints) and flash the fastboot rom.

Does anybody has a tutorial or an link to help me out please?

Thanks,
Alex

I'm afraid you have to find someone online with authorized mi account pay him and let him remotely flash it for you. As far as I know you can't flash in edl mode anymore without authorized account. Correct me if I'm wrong. Why you tried to flash with locked bl? Can't enter fastboot?

Sent from my MI MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid you have to find someone online with authorized mi account pay him and let him remotely flash it for you. As far as I know you can't flash in edl mode anymore without authorized account. Correct me if I'm wrong. Why you tried to flash with locked bl? Can't enter fastboot?

Hi, I did not. A friend of mine did, it's his phone. The Mix3 was unlocked, but he was not able to activate his bank app (paying with nfc) cos the device was unlocked (so he said). He wanted to lock the bootloader again. He flashed the phone without proper knowledge and it was bricked. "System destroyed" in the display. Only Fastboot works. I tried to flash the fastboot rom with mi flash, but encountered "boot error".
I tried to flash TWRP (I thought the device was still unlocked), but it failed, cos bootloader is locked.

What do you mean by authorised Mi account. I have a valid Mi account with which i unlocked my Note 10.

Hi, I did not. A friend of mine did, it's his phone. The Mix3 was unlocked, but he was not able to activate his bank app (paying with nfc) cos the device was unlocked (so he said). He wanted to lock the bootloader again. He flashed the phone without proper knowledge and it was bricked. "System destroyed" in the display. Only Fastboot works. I tried to flash the fastboot rom with mi flash, but encountered "boot error".
I tried to flash TWRP (I thought the device was still unlocked), but it failed, cos bootloader is locked.

What do you mean by authorised Mi account. I have a valid Mi account with which i unlocked my Note 10.

Are you sure you're trying the correct rom? Phone had China or eu rom?

Are you sure you're trying the correct rom? Phone had China or eu rom?

Well, i downloaded the global fastboot rom for mix 3
Originally the phone had a Chines rom. My friend bought it from someone and that person flashed a global/eu rom

Well, i downloaded the global fastboot rom for mix 3
Originally the phone had a Chines rom. My friend bought it from someone and that person flashed a global/eu rom
Try the Chinese and you will fix it. Can't go from China to eu anymore (while locked). If you have any errors extract the firmware and flash manually with fastboot commands like fastboot flash boot.img.

Try the Chinese and you will fix it. Can't go from China to eu anymore (while locked). If you have any errors extract the firmware and flash manually with fastboot commands like fastboot flash boot.img.

Thanks.
So what you are saying: download and flash chinese fastboot rom with mi flash.
If that does not work flash with adb? I am not familiar with that, so would you please be so kind to guid me in that?
Just use this command "fastboot flash boot.img"?

Thanks.
So what you are saying: download and flash chinese fastboot rom with mi flash.
If that does not work flash with adb? I am not familiar with that, so would you please be so kind to guid me in that?
Just use this command "fastboot flash boot.img"?
Np I hope you succeed. Try first the Chinese rom. Download both stable and beta and if stable fails with mi flash tool then try again with beta. Most probable it will work. If not then I'll try to find a guide for manual flashing partitions in fastboot mode (not sure it will work for this device with locked bl). Good luck and since you have working fastboot mode you will find a solution without edl mode

Np I hope you succeed. Try first the Chinese rom. Download both stable and beta and if stable fails with mi flash tool then try again with beta. Most probable it will work. If not then I'll try to find a guide for manual flashing partitions in fastboot mode (not sure it will work for this device with locked bl). Good luck

Thank you very much. Downloading already. Will try both rom if needed and will let you know tomorrow.

Have a peaceful nightsleep.

Best regards,
Alex

Reactions: Sp_ark
Np I hope you succeed. Try first the Chinese rom. Download both stable and beta and if stable fails with mi flash tool then try again with beta. Most probable it will work. If not then I'll try to find a guide for manual flashing partitions in fastboot mode (not sure it will work for this device with locked bl). Good luck and since you have working fastboot mode you will find a solution without edl mode

Hello,

I downloaded and extracted the Chinese fastboot rom (C:\Mix3\perseus_images_V11.0.2.0.QEECNXM_20200227.0000.00_10.0_cn).
Mi Flash gives error: erase boot error.

When i flash C:\Mix3\perseus_images_V11.0.2.0.QEECNXM_20200227.0000.00_10.0_cn\images I will get error: can not found file flash_all.bat

Hello,

I downloaded and extracted the Chinese fastboot rom (C:\Mix3\perseus_images_V11.0.2.0.QEECNXM_20200227.0000.00_10.0_cn).
Mi Flash gives error: erase boot error.
Ok your problem is that while your friend flashed the wrong firmware he ticked the option to relock bootloader. What you have to do is put your phone into fastboot mode again and go apply for unlock. Unfortunately you'll have to wait as long as it will say. If the phone was bind into your friends mi account, you might have to login with his credentials to the mi unlock tool. After you unlock you can do everything from flashing with flash tool to flashing twrp and then whatever rom you want. This happened because he attempted to flash a different region firmware and locked the bl as well. I'm telling you since fastboot works it's not a hard brick, sooner or later you will solve it.

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Ok your problem is that while your friend flashed the wrong firmware he ticked the option to relock bootloader. What you have to do is put your phone into fastboot mode again and go apply for unlock. Unfortunately you'll have to wait as long as it will say. If the phone was bind into your friends mi account, you might have to login with his credentials to the mi unlock tool. After you unlock you can do everything from flashing with flash tool to flashing twrp and then whatever rom you want. This happened because he attempted to flash a different region firmware and locked the bl as well. I'm telling you since fastboot works it's not a hard brick, sooner or later you will solve it.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have a valid Mi account, so I will try that first. But if the Mix3 is bounded to my friends Mi account I will ask his credentials.
So, first with my Mi account and see what happens.

No EDL needed then?

Thanks for your quick reply. I have a valid Mi account, so I will try that first. But if the Mix3 is bounded to my friends Mi account I will ask his credentials.
So, first with my Mi account and see what happens.

No EDL needed then?
I truly believe no need for edl

I truly believe no need for edl

I hope I will succeed somehow.
Unlocking with my Mi account not succeded.
I asked his credentials and logged in. Surprisingly the phone seems to be bounded to another Mi account (the owner before my friend).....
He can not get the right credentials. I think we are stuck here.
Any solution left?

I hope I will succeed somehow.
Unlocking with my Mi account not succeded.
I asked his credentials and logged in. Surprisingly the phone seems to be bounded to another Mi account (the owner before my friend).....
He can not get the right credentials. I think we are stuck here.
Any solution left?

I believe it's the only way now

I believe it's the only way now

Okay thanks. I will figure that out and will let you know.
Maybe i will need your help again....

Thanks

Sorry I'm driving, ask the guy first, he might have permission to unlock device, otherwise he'll tell you how to enter edl, if I remember correctly there is a way without testpoint method, but not sure if it's working with lock bootloader

This guy is out of contact, so that option is lost.
I will try EDL anyway.
Thanks and sorry for all my questions.
I will let you know.

Reactions: nairat2020

Hi, I have a bricked Mix3. A friend of mine tried to flash it and it was bricked. Bootloader is locked and system has been destroyed.

I think the only way is to put the Mix3 in EDL mode (using testpoints) and flash the fastboot rom.

Does anybody has a tutorial or an link to help me out please?

Thanks,
Alex
Use xiaomitoolv2