Bricked my phone...

Mr. Midnight

Members
Aug 26, 2016
I had PE installed and wanted to go to Lineage OS, apparently I had to flash this firmware from 8.7.5 but considering that I wasn't cominng from MIUI I didn't think it would brick it.

My phone currently won't turn on, and all of the mi forum threads that were collecting codes, aren't anymore.

What can I do now? Just wait for another thread?

It seems that the only way is to get Xiaomi authorisation in order to use MiFlash

Hi Everybody,

I just succesfully bricked my redmi 6 Pro,
It sounds I used a firmware older (xiaomi.eu_multi_HM6Pro_8.7.26_v10-8.1) than the Chinese ROM already installed on my device and that it bricked it (I updated it a week ago through MIUI) .

My symtoms are:
- "no effect at all unde any combination of long or short press on any button"
- and "blinking notification LED when connected on PC or charger"

I thought It was because I removed my USB cable to short after process, but so many people having the smae problem at same time shows we are actually suffering of common effects.

Mmmmmh.
When it is Bricked this way, is there a physicall way to flash the ROM? (I mean by opening the device and fashing the Chip directly?)
I will go tomorrow to XiaoMi Store and play dumb asking for warranty...
And if it does not work, try to go to "electronic city" in GuangZhou to make them flash it "physically".

I will give you my feedback then.

PS: does anybody knows how to say in Chinese, "bricked phone" and "Flash ROM"?

This threat is for Note 5, not 6. Note 6 pro hadn't been released in Europe. I have no idea what software you fed to your phone. I do not think the problem was caused by disconnecting the cable too early. More likely it incompatible or bad software.

"blinking notification LED when connected on PC or charger" means that phone is not really bricked yet. Most likely there is a way to unbrick it without brutally disassembling flashing the Chip directly. Like flash tool for Media Tek devices. With that tool, you just plug USB to bricked phone and flashing starts automatically. Hopefully, there is something like that for Qualcomm Chipset. Then you can flash back to your stock software.

I would ask for help at:
xda-developers fist or miui.com then

Please be very careful this time and read instructions first. I if you aren't sure what you doing, then don't do it. You still can make things worse like getting lost your phone's IMEI or clear NVRAM.

Thank you dear John,Sorry for having sent a message on wrong thread.
By the way, for your information,

I went to Xiaomi Service Center,
(the one in GuangZhou, TianHe district is located at 3rd Floor of Renfeng Tower at ShiPaiQiao metro station)
They repared it within one hour.
According to the little information I understood, they replaced the mother board?

So the cell phone came back to factory settings.

Lucky you :) Please do not flash custom software anymore. Xiaomi software support is great. Manufacturer software never perfect, but usually the best for your phone.