broken power button

Azura1

Members
Dec 11, 2013
A while ago, I dropped my phone which broke my screen internally. finally today I received a replacement screen and I installed it. The phone now showed signs of life as soon as I plugged the power in. But it would not respond to my power button. Through this forum I followed a guide to use fastboot and that worked. I can use my phone again! Except.. the power button is still messed up. I don't know how I got it even in fastboot because i used volume - and the power button for that.
I tried several apps to be able yo unlock my phone without the use of the power button, but I don't get them to work properly. So as soon as my screen turns off, I cannot turn it back on. the only way now is to plug my charger in.

Is it possible to replace the power button or to even check if it's really broken? I'm so happy I got my phone to work again, but this would be a huge bummer if it can't be fixed

Somewhere in options you can alow volume buttons to activate screen.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

That does solve most of my problems! Thanks. Just if my phone completly dies now or I remove the battery that way doesn't work. I can reboot through fastboot, but that means I cannot update to another rom aswell. For now though, i'm glad it works as long it doesn't completly die.

Turning on the phone is indeed a problem.

Installing other ROMS is possible though. You can either reboot into recovery using advanced reboot apps or you can reboot normally (through app :p) and just after screen goes black hold volume up (+) for recovery. (It works for fast boot, too just by pressing the volume down button)

Unfortunatly I cannot get into recovery since I have to choose a language setting when I do reboot with volume +. and the way to select a language is with the power button. I tried updating with the updater app, but that just freezes my phone when it's on 25%.

Is your backcover (where power button is built in) placed correct?
Are the buttons beneath the backcover buttons still in good condition?

If the backcover buttons are broken, you can replace the backcover

the problem is fixed now. the power button on the main board was really broken and i went to a mobile repair shop to ask if they could fix it. Fortunatly for me, they had just received another mi2s which they could keep and placed that power buttonm on mine. Problem solved.