Broken Usb Connector

francesco028

Members
Nov 3, 2014
Hi guys,
Last evening I was charging my phone and I knew that my charger had problems but nonetheless I charged it overnight.When I woke up I noticed that my battery was fully out of power.Therefore I tried to charge the phone but my USB connector certainly broke down because of this.My question is:where can I buy the new connector?Is it still availiable on Internet?

I found a person who can replace the connector for €45.Is it an adequate price?
I'm sorry for my double post

well, I cannot judge your wallet, but closest to 45 Euro would be a new device, perhaps doogee x5 pro, that's around 60 Euro.

New Xiaomi phone would be triple 45 Euro

New screen for the mi2s for example would be 60 Euro

you need a new connector for the functionality of the phone,

or buy extra battery and wall charger, around 10 Euro, and change the battery every day.

maybe you'll succeed asking the repair man to do the job for 35 Euro and that you screw down the phone and deliver him only the mother board.

In my country the Netherlands 45 Euro is a fair price, considering it's roughly one hour work and considering it's a professional doing the job.

I would however ask for a guarantee / no payment when device breaks.

I wish you wisdom with your choice and let us know the outcome!

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Reactions: francesco028
well, I cannot judge your wallet, but closest to 45 Euro would be a new device, perhaps doogee x5 pro, that's around 60 Euro.

New Xiaomi phone would be triple 45 Euro

New screen for the mi2s for example would be 60 Euro

you need a new connector for the functionality of the phone,

or buy extra battery and wall charger, around 10 Euro, and change the battery every day.

maybe you'll succeed asking the repair man to do the job for 35 Euro and that you screw down the phone and deliver him only the mother board.

In my country the Netherlands 45 Euro is a fair price, considering it's roughly one hour work and considering it's a professional doing the job.

I would however ask for a guarantee / no payment when device breaks.

I wish you wisdom with your choice and let us know the outcome!

I have already an extra battery and a wall charger,but in my opinion it's uncomfortable because without a working USB connector I can't even connect the device to my PC,therefore I can't even install ROMs on my phone,that is very important for me(I want to test the new MIUI 8 ).I'll take my decision and I'll let you know!

FYI I just replaced the USB port in my MI2s and it was a B17ch! I say 45 Euros is a great price, especially if you can be sure the person doing it will replace the mobo if he or she ends up frying it. I got the job done but it isn't pretty. You need a temperature controlled soldering station, good solder, flux and desoldering tools (braid, pump). I bought this port on Aliexpress:

http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/100-N...-Xiaomi-Redmi-1s-M2A-Mi2A-M2/32294644925.html

It arrived in the Netherlands in the usual two weeks.

It took me an hour to remove and get the solder bridges out from under the pins...

I have finally changed my USB connector and now the phone charges perfectly!Unfortunately camera doesn't work anymore.Is there a solution?

Most likely its the ribbon cable that isn't seated properly. I'd open it up and check the cables for breakage and proper seating. Maybe also check if the rubber seals are in their proper place. They might get in the way if pinched.

Most likely its the ribbon cable that isn't seated properly. I'd open it up and check the cables for breakage and proper seating. Maybe also check if the rubber seals are in their proper place. They might get in the way if pinched.
Is there a video on Internet that shows how to fix the problem?

Finally I fixed the problem but now I have another one:proximity sensor doesn't work anymore.This happened after I disassembled the phone.I am such a lucky person

I think you are not the only one to have that problem. I'm sure its on the forums somewhere. IIRC it was a rubber cover that was not seated properly. The cover in question is, you guessed it, right against the glass. So you need to remove everything again.
Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get it fixed in the end and save throwing away a great piece of hardware!

can also stick a thin piece of tape in between the two colored parts of the proximity sensor lens.
have read it last year on Motorola defy forum, on xda, there is also YouTube video and I can confirm it working (when i one replaced the screen with a cheapo copy screen. Never buy a cheap screen:)

After two weeks I have problems with the new USB connector.During the first days it was working perfectly,but now if I want to charge the phone overnight and I disconnect the phone, the percentage is lower than it was before connecting the phone.Furthermore,charging isn't stable and every second it disconnects and connects.I think it could be a software bug.Could it be?

francesco io ho comprato lcd/touch + connettore usb da questo sito
http://www.dragon-tt.com/
perfetti, poi me li ha sostituiti un centro per riparazione smartphone per 15 euro... 45 euro è troppo

I have already replaced the broken USB connector but I have problems the same when charging

Ho già sostituito il connettore USB ma ho lo stesso dei problemi quando carico il telefono

I have already replaced the broken USB connector but I have problems the same when charging

Ho già sostituito il connettore USB ma ho lo stesso dei problemi quando carico il telefono
ho capito, non so se è difettoso il connettore o te lo hanno montato male, forse è meglio se vai da chi te lo ha sostituito o contatti il sito da dove lo hai preso