Btawake Wakelock Causing Battery Drain With Mi Band 2

mckennal

Members
Jan 21, 2016
I posted this on en.miui.com but didn't get any responses, so thought I would post here as well.

After getting a Mi Band 2 I now have a kernel wakelock on my Redmi Note 2 casuing significant battery drain - it's called: "btawake".

Using Better Battery Stats it is now always at the top, and causes the phone to be awake 90%+ (currently sitting at 93%) of the time.
E.g. btawake 2h19m4s (out of 2h29m28s), Cnt:(c/wc/ec)51/3/0 93%
Most of this time the screen has been off.

If I turn off bluetooth the wakelock goes away and I don't have this battery drain.
I tried disabling "Unlock with bluetooth device", but the btawake lock is still there.
I now can't get through a full day on a full charge.

I've tried wiping Dalvik and Cache, and tried upgrading to the latest China Dev ROM - the problem is still there.

I've tried both 6.8.4 and 6.8.11 with Mi Fit 2.1.6 and 2.1.8 and I have the same problem on all configurations.

Any ideas/tips on a resolution? Anyone else have this problem?

I submitted a bug in case anyone else experiences the same problem they can confirm the bug, but haven't had anyone confirm:
http://en.miui.com/thread-328633-1-1.html

Thanks
Luke

Attachments

• bbs.png
    bbs.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 774
It seems if I don't lock the Mi Fit app in memory then the wakelock doesn't keep the phone awake much at all - on the down side it also means I don't get app notifications on the Mi Band 2.

Try to start the Mi Fit app and turn of your phone. Then move your MiBand away some distance, so that it is out of Bluetooth range. You will find your phone 100% active afterwards!