New Bug Display - Mi 11 Lite 5G (renoir) - Only Xiaomi EU

KAS_RU

Members
Aug 13, 2021
I have been observing such a picture with a display for at least six months... If you set the "Auto" mode in the image settings, then lines appear on a black background. If you select the "P3" mode, the lines disappear and the black becomes perfectly black. There are no such problems on the official global firmware. There are no problems on the official Chinese firmware - Stable/Weekly. There are no problems on the firmware from another team (paid). + in addition to the above, there are no problems with spots in the curtain. Such bugs are only on the firmware from the Eu team. Developers. Please fix this strange bug, which is already more than 6 months old. Format Data and other things do not solve the problem...

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_234341.jpg
    IMG_20220226_234341.jpg
    771.6 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_20220226_234455.jpg
    IMG_20220226_234455.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20220226_234536.jpg
    IMG_20220226_234536.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 305
1) We don't even have the device to confirm this issue.
2) We don't modify anything remotely related to what you're experiencing.

1) We don't even have the device to confirm this issue.
2) We don't modify anything remotely related to what you're experiencing.
There are no such problems on the official global firmware.
There are no problems on the official Chinese firmware - Stable/Weekly.
There are no problems on the firmware from another team (paid).

So there is a problem in the Xiaomi EU firmware
This was tested 6-8 months ago and tested now on new versions Chinese Stable/Weekly, Global and Xiaomi EU
The problem in Xiaomi EU

It didn't happen before, it started 6-8 months ago. Perhaps at some point one of the developers made a mistake and used files from another smartphone model. I don't know. But there is clearly a mistake...

Last edited:
There are no such problems on the official global firmware.
There are no problems on the official Chinese firmware - Stable/Weekly.
There are no problems on the firmware from another team (paid).

So there is a problem in the Xiaomi EU firmware
This was tested 6-8 months ago and tested now on new versions Chinese Stable/Weekly, Global and Xiaomi EU
The problem in Xiaomi EU

It didn't happen before, it started 6-8 months ago.
You already said that, and I already replied. None of the devices in our possession have that issue.

Perhaps at some point one of the developers made a mistake and used files from another smartphone model. I don't know. But there is clearly a mistake...
There is one active developer (you're talking to him) and I made no such mistake. Our process is automated and we don't move files between different devices...

Reactions: JiaiJ
You already said that, and I already replied. None of the devices in our possession have that issue.

There is one active developer (you're talking to him) and I made no such mistake. Our process is automated and we don't move files between different devices...
There are no problems on Global and on the official China...

Why does it manifest itself on your Xiaomi Eu firmware?
This can't be happening...

Only the "P3" mode works, if you choose any other, for example, "Auto" or "sRGB" after restarting the smartphone and locking/unlocking the smartphone 3-5 times, then the black color is covered with stripes, as in the photo at the very beginning of my post... If you do not restart the smartphone, then the problem appears immediately after the first lock of the device.

Last edited:
There are no problems on Global and on the official China...
Why does it manifest itself on your Xiaomi Eu firmware?

This can't be happening. Only the "P3" mode works, if you choose any other, for example, "Auto" or "sRGB" after restarting the smartphone and locking/unlocking the smartphone 3-5 times, then the black color is covered with stripes, as in the photo at the very beginning of my post... If you do not restart the smartphone, then the problem appears immediately after the first lock of the device.
You are repeating the same thing again, and it doesn't help with the fact that I don't have renoir and don't have that behavior on any of the devices I got.

Reactions: JiaiJ
You are repeating the same thing again, and it doesn't help with the fact that I don't have renoir and don't have that behavior on any of the devices I got.
Thank you for your time.
I will switch to the official Global or China firmware, where there are no these problems and the display is working properly...

There has been a problem in Xiaomi EU for a long time, but I do not know how to help find this problem for you in the firmware, files and confirm. I'm not a developer... I have attached photos.

Last edited:
As only you are reporting this issue, try search what you did 6-8 months ago wrong...

As only you are reporting this issue, try search what you did 6-8 months ago wrong...
I was updating the firmware at that moment and got such a bug. Resetting the settings in the menu and FormatData did not solve the problem. Everything was fine on the official firmware, but an error appeared on yours... Obviously, there is a problem in the Xiaomi EU firmware for renoir... And this is a fact.

If you download the very first firmware builds for renoir, then there will be no such problems with the display. For example, the first five versions.

Last edited:
I was updating the firmware at that moment and got such a bug. Resetting the settings in the menu and FormatData did not solve the problem. Everything was fine on the official firmware, but an error appeared on yours... Obviously, there is a problem in the Xiaomi EU firmware for renoir... And this is a fact.

If you download the very first firmware builds for renoir, then there will be no such problems with the display. For example, the first five versions.
I feel like you don't understand how absurdly impossible it would be to fix anything with so little information. Even if this error specifically existed in the EU ROM, it may not even be part of the hundreds/ thousands modifications done by Xiaomi.eu, it could be an side effect in the original code of the ROM when used with those modifications.

You can keep repeating that the issue does not exist in other ROM, or in a previous version, or that you provided screenshots... The team have no way to find what to fix, because they did not intended to change this part of the code, and even if they tried something, they don't have the device to confirm that the issue is solved.

Reactions: ingbrzy