[Bug] Mi 9 - MIUI 12 20.6.18 - Use mobile data when WiFi has no internet

projek_01

Members
Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

First all, thanks for all of the hard work making these ROMs for everyone to enjoy.

The bug I have noticed on all of the MIUI 12 Mi 9 releases is that the OS doesn't swap back to mobile data when the WiFi has no internet.

There are two uses for this for me personally.
1. Connecting to my DSLR WiFi to load photos.
2. Connecting to my Android Auto head unit wirelessly. I can no longer use voice search while it's connected.

On MIUI 11 global stock rom, my 4G mobile data would continue to work with these two examples. I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed on the Xiaomi.eu side or if it's because of the Chinese ROM.

Thanks again!

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

There is an option related to this on Developer options in settings , check it out
There is an option in WiFi settings to enable intelligent network switching and also the setting in developer settings. Neither work.

The latest release will prompt to switch to a different network or keep. In the past you would ignore the prompt and it would use 4G mobile data.

Thanks

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I can confirm this is also not working on MIUI12 EU 20.7.16 nor MIUI CN 11.0.4.0.

You must manually select "Use mobile data" before the phone reverts to mobile data.

Reactions: projek_01
@eddamoo
Thanks for the info. Sounds like this is something that the Xiaomi developers missed and not devs on this forum.

Updated to the latest July 30 build of MIUI 12 EU build and it is still not working.

Is there anyway someone can post this bug on the actual Xiaomi closed beta bug reporting?

Thanks!

Any updates on this? I'm on stable release miui 12.0.5 on mi9 and having these issues. It seems to work fine once i select use mobile data on the prompt, but I don't want to have to select this everytime i drive my car.

I can confirm that on previous versions of MIUI it did worked,
The phone did worked on mobile data even though WiFi is connected with no internet.
Same scenario here, while driving the phone connects to the car dash cam and only suggest to use mobile data

I too have same problem on redmi note 7 MIUI 12. I can't use data while using Android Auto Wireless (that works fine) and in my mobile no prompt to switch data appear. Which settings for the prompt? thanks

Mobile data while connected to a wifi stlil doesn't work on my Mi 9 and i know it also doesn't work on a Mi 10 with Android 11.
Anyone found a way to make it work?