Bug or feature?

Paradoxxx

Members
Oct 31, 2018
Hello there,
I have been using my Mi6 for two years now and right at the beginning I noticed that notifications behave differently than on the previous phones from different brands that I have had. I noticed that once I receive a notification while the phone is unlocked and I lock it, it does not appear on lock screen, however after unlocking, it still shows up in notification shade. While the phone is locked and I receive a notification, it shows up on the lock screen, but only until I unlock the phone, after relocking it again disappears from the lock screen.

So I started researching and I even reported this as a bug on miui forums. I have been told that this has been a "feature" and that it was "designed that way", so I just lived with it afterwards. However, recently I have read somewhere that on other Mi phones this isnt the case and that it works normally. Can anyone clear this up for me and tell me how it is then? Is it a bug or a feature?

PS: I have tried every option in settings, like permissions on lock screen, ticked every app that I want notifications from on the lock screen, even tried to change the minimum width because of the most recent bug, but those have had no effect.