bug to update 4.8.15

blaky27

Members
Aug 16, 2014
Hello guys,

I have a problem very strange
After DL 4.8.15 rename in Update.zip the recovery can't see the update.
I try to rename in update.zip but the system says to me that he already exists.... But i see nothing

I can't do. Do you know another solution ?

Thanks

Hi there.

It sounds like you are trying to re-name the file using the tablet itself?

If there is definitely only 1 update.zip file there then you could try to rename it to something like update1.zip and then rename it to update.zip. Then you aren't trying to drop straight from Update.zip to update.zip in case the system doesn't like that for some reason.

Or

It might be easier to hook the tablet to a pc so you can see the files easier and see if there is more than 1 update.zip file. There
shouldn't be as i don't think you can have more than 1 even if 1 has upper and the other has lower case letters? You can then use the pc to rename it.

For future reference when you download an update manually it has to be named update.zip for the recovery to see it. Though I presume you will have guessed that by now. :)

I hope you get it sorted :)

This happens with my tablet as well. Rename it simply to update, the tablet itself will add .zip.
I found the file back named update.zip zip, that is how I found this issue.
Hope it will do the trick.
Don't forget to rename the previous rom.

Hello guys,

I have a problem very strange
After DL 4.8.15 rename in Update.zip the recovery can't see the update.
I try to rename in update.zip but the system says to me that he already exists.... But i see nothing

I can't do. Do you know another solution ?

Thanks
Make sure you rename to "update.zip" in small caps.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk