Buying Mi2s In 2016

Djillhi

Members
Jun 24, 2016
Hey Xiaomi community!

I would like to be in too! while searching for the smartphone corresponding to my needs and budget i found the Xiaomi mi2s. Long story short, i am ok with technic but not that much with consomation, until now,
i still used my nice Nokia C5-00, i tried to use a smartphone for some months 1 year ago, it was nice but the (htc desire 500 was too slow) and always made me think that my phone was a ****** computer full of bugs (i have nothing against good computers as i am originally a computer scientist).

OK i want to try again, but don't want something bigger than 4.3" something well developped and strong enough for the basic use, What's app, GPS, Some Web browsing, some time looking to some videos, taking some picture (mostly easy day light)...

So i choose the mi 2s that sound stable, powerfull enough for my needs, i can change the battery, size acceptable...

But that's where i need you first. Can someone help me to buy one (new) ? I don't find it!! I quoted some companies on alibaba, but they don't have it anymore. i dind't find it on taobao. If you have a link it would be great. I am only interested in the 32GB version.

I am based in Switzerland but that shouldn't make any difference.

I may flash it and use the ROMs from the community later, but we'll see how i like it.

Thanks for your help, have a nice day.

wow! that's a lot of money!

good to see the mi2s is turning into a collector's item, especially there are so many nice phones these days.

But the smaller screens are yet still few available. Hopefully the Chinese manufacturers using economical mtk-chips will follow iPhone SE with a smaller screen.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link Eleni. It gives hope to find a new one. But yes it's crazy expensive!
If somebody have an other alternative would be greatly apreciate! I start to think i may buy a redmi 2 insteed.
Can somebody say me how bad is the 1.2 Ghz redmi2 compressor versus the 1.7 ghz of the mi2s. For a easy use. Messages, Web browsing, some time videos wathching, A soft to tune instruments of music... can i hope to use the redmi 2 for 4 years or more? Thnks for your answers!!

Maybe it is a good idea to look at the possibilities of the Xiaomi redmi 3 and redmi 3 pro.
These phones are more up to date than the m2s, low priced, and only slightly bigger.
I still use my m2s, but also the redmi note 3 pro, a lot bigger, but you get used to it very soon!