Call recorder stopped working

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
Xiaomi 13 Pro - latest weekly ROM installed.
This only happened a couple of days ago - my call recorder stopped recording all calls. It is still enabled with all numbers being recorded. I did not touch any of the settings and was not aware of changing any relevant setting. I can stlil make manual recordings and all the relevant rights are still available for the call_rec folder. I have also cleared the cache.
I have tried to manually record a call, but the message comes up that I cannot record during a call.

Any suggestions as to how to get it to record calls again?

Could this have something to do with related permissions, eg Google? Recorder only has one permission, record audio. This is already allowed.
I do from time to time go through permissions and turn off unnecessary ones. For instance 'Sound search' disappeared and so I had to re-allow some Google permissions in order to get it to reappear.

So, could this have something to do with related permissions?

Copied from the ROM section where I originally posted this:

Have you checked what dialer does when you tap "Record" button? There might be a dialog about allowing access to the directory.
I see the 'Record' button now when the dialler is ringing the number. I tried installing other call recorders before I came across the Record button. Whatever I have done, it is now working again. Phew! However, it had missed an important private call with information on it that I could not get back.
I still do not know what stopped it from working but it's working now.

++++++++++
Having now got the call recorder back working, I now see that the Google Sound Search has disappeared, and is not working!!