Camera for k30 pro zoom

gary toman

Members
Apr 7, 2018
It seems that the lmi ROM is flash able for the k30 pro and k30 pro zoom. The k30 pro zoom is model lmipro, it seems that lmipro is only getting the capabilities of lmi

Hi,
Yeah it's a bit odd, when taking an image with the China rom at x30 zoom, it's clear. I have flashed the xiaomi.eu build, in the camera it says x30 but in reality it's more like x10 if I compared it to x10 on China rom.

Reactions: stajyun
Which version of miui if I may ask?

Hopefully there will be fixed in the future update. I'm still waiting for my zoom edition to reach my door step, which will take about two weeks time.

Last edited:
Which version of miui if I may ask?

Hopefully there will be fixed in the future update. I'm still waiting for my zoom edition to reach my door step, which will take about two weeks time.
Hi,
I'm currently back on 11.0.16.0 China rom, the most current xiaomi.eu does have the toggle 4g and 5g which is good. The sim though does work if switching for data, The China rom will show 4g at the same time. Both models pro/zoom also share the same firmware which is the lmi.

Hi,
I'm currently back on 11.0.16.0 China rom, the most current xiaomi.eu does have the toggle 4g and 5g which is good. The sim though does work if switching for data, The China rom will show 4g at the same time. Both models pro/zoom also share the same firmware which is the lmi.

Thanks. I'm really glad to know that. In case if anything goes wrong, at least I know there's a way to restore everything back to normal.

I wonder if anyone who owns zoom edition has tried the beta version of miui 12 to see if the issue still persists? Really hope any other members could shed some light on this.

I've tried the Miui 12 beta and seems to be the same as China rom, the data and camera issues are gone. The reason I didn't stay on China beta or Eu is I was having issues passing safetynet. The problem is getapps provides most Google apps apart from play store (I couldn't find it anyway) and had to sideload, this was showing my device in play store as not certified. I flashed magisk and managed to get online banking working with fingerprint but no gpay at all. I use this a lot so I decided to revert to Miui 11 and will do until Miui 12 stable arrives for the global rom.

The issue might be fixed with the sims now, still though on the 2nd sim I have full signal bars when sim 1 is active for data, I can receive calls and texts fine on sim 2 and also works fine for data when switching over to sim 2, when switching over though the 4g icon on sim 1 vanishes but still shows signal bars, however I can still receive calls and texts on both. When dialing *#*#4636#*#* in phone information both sims are showing as connected for data at the same time, this is on stock China rom 11.0.16.0. If someone could check if this is the same for the latest eu build. Before flashing back to stock I noticed the latest eu build had fixed the 4g and 5g toggles. What does confuse me is why both the pro and zoom flash the same lmi firmware when the zoom is model is lmipro. Same phone I know but the zoom has different camera capabilities and 3.1 UFS and the k30 pro has 3.0 UFS. Can anyone clarify, I would ask on xda developers but the forum hasn't been created yet.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations and going through the troubles flashing different firmwares. I really, really appreciate that.

We do have the same confusion I believe. Coming from different brand of androids, this is the first time I've heard different hardware share the same firmware. I guess the only way to verify that the camera works well is by keeping the 10x and 30x zoomed photos under the same environment setup from the stock firmware and compare them with any new ROMs.

Just like you it makes me wonder why the forum for k30 pro has yet to be created while the phone has been around for quite a while now.

I'm planning to buy a K30 Pro Zoom next month and this is definitely a question I need answered before I go about flashing Xiaomi.eu on it. I wouldn't want to lose the capabilities of the zoom lens by flashing Xiaomi.eu regardless of how good the ROM is, so I need to make sure the camera app is exactly the same on Xiaomi.eu as it is on the China Dev ROM.

I'm planning to buy a K30 Pro Zoom next month and this is definitely a question I need answered before I go about flashing Xiaomi.eu on it. I wouldn't want to lose the capabilities of the zoom lens by flashing Xiaomi.eu regardless of how good the ROM is, so I need to make sure the camera app is exactly the same on Xiaomi.eu as it is on the China Dev ROM.

Perhaps post #7 by gary answered your question I believe? Since he said "camera issues are gone" and "seems to be the same as China ROM" with MIUI 12 beta. If I understand it correctly, it means the 30x zoom in xiaomi.eu MIUI 12 works as intended?

In any case, Xiaomi has announced that MIUI 12 will be officially rolled out next week, I hope they will release the eu version within the same week too and we'll see how it goes.