can k50ultra use xiaomi 12t pro rom

meiken

Members
Oct 9, 2022
can k50ultra use xiaomi 12t pro rom. It seem xiaomi 12t pro only have 256g and 128g version but my phone is 512g version .
i want to ask can k50 ultra use xiaomi 12t pro rom.
thank u

Well, you're not alone. I guess 12t pro is literally the overseas version of K50u with a slightly better camera but a much higher price tag.

Not if your bootloader is locked. Otherwise, probably, I've yet to get the chance to explore the Global ROM for 12T Pro.

Not if your bootloader is locked. Otherwise, probably, I've yet to get the chance to explore the Global ROM for 12T Pro.
Do you mean if K50 ultra is unlocked for bootloader, there's a chance that global rom of 12T pro will work directly on K50 ultra?

There is a chance...
There's will (pronounced as "chance"), there's a way. ;)

Is it true that Xiaomi allows bootloader unlock after 168 hours of usage? Hence, it shouldn't be too hard to get hands on the rom and give a try? I'm tempted to place the order in JD.com for the K50 Ultra.

There's will (pronounced as "chance"), there's a way. ;)

Is it true that Xiaomi allows bootloader unlock after 168 hours of usage? Hence, it shouldn't be too hard to get hands on the rom and give a try? I'm tempted to place the order in JD.com for the K50 Ultra.
I would never even think about cross-flashing official ROMs. That's just like rolling a dice.

I flashed using MiFlash and it worked my model is Redmi K50 Ultra 12/512GB Chinese only problem I'm having the native camera is not working I'm using the Open camera but the quality is much lower than the xiaomi camera does anyone have an idea what I can do do to fix?
View attachment 44310View attachment 44312
Can I ask where did you get the rom for 12T pro?

I reckon it's because the 12T pro has a different camera hence the model series number registered in 12T pro rom mismatches the physical one in your mobile. That could be a hard one to fix but waiting for the real K50u rom. But glad to hear 3rd party camera software works.

I flashed using MiFlash and it worked my model is Redmi K50 Ultra 12/512GB Chinese only problem I'm having the native camera is not working I'm using the Open camera but the quality is much lower than the xiaomi camera does anyone have an idea what I can do do to fix?
One more question, how's it different from the stock rom? Apart from Google sets, is there any other obvious difference in terms of lists of app lists or general performance?

You can't fix the camera without modifying the ROM with added camera blobs. Might be possible with a Magisk module, not sure. Haven't compared the ROMs yet.

I have the same problem with camera in k50 ultra. I think we could try tk extract camera apk from chinesse rom, then after root delete stock global and replace it with chinesse camera apk. What do you think?

I have the same problem with camera in k50 ultra. I think we could try tk extract camera apk from chinesse rom, then after root delete stock global and replace it with chinesse camera apk. What do you think?
Camera app has nothing to do with the camera sensor support.

On topic:
Analyzed China ROM for Redmi K50 Ultra and Global ROM for Xiaomi 12T Pro.
Only China ROM has camera blobs for Redmi K50 Ultra's main camera, while only Global ROM has camera blobs for Xiaomi 12T Pro's main camera.
So no, the official ROMs are not interchangeable if you expect the main camera to work.
Also, Global ROM comes with eSIM support which needs physical eSIM chip embedded in the device.
Since Redmi K50 Ultra does not have eSIM support in China ROM, we don't know if Redmi K50 Ultra comes with the required hardware.

Redmi K50 Ultra users, open the Phone app and type *#06#. Write here which types of identifiers you see in the dialog that pops up (don't write the numbers here, just the types, i.e. MEID, IMEI1, IMEI2, EID, etc.).

Analyzed China ROM for Redmi K50 Ultra and Global ROM for Xiaomi 12T Pro.
Only China ROM has camera blobs for Redmi K50 Ultra's main camera, while only Global ROM has camera blobs for Xiaomi 12T Pro's main camera.
So no, the official ROMs are not interchangeable if you expect the main camera to work.
Also, Global ROM comes with eSIM support which needs physical eSIM chip embedded in the device.
Since Redmi K50 Ultra does not have eSIM support in China ROM, we don't know if Redmi K50 Ultra comes with the required hardware.

Redmi K50 Ultra users, open the Phone app and type *#06#. Write here which types of identifiers you see in the dialog that pops up (don't write the numbers here, just the types, i.e. MEID, IMEI1, IMEI2, EID, etc.).
MEID, IMEI1, IMEI2

Attachments

• IMG_20221016_220239.jpg
    IMG_20221016_220239.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 209
MEID, IMEI1, IMEI2
Then yes, definitely looks like Redmi K50 Ultra lacks the required hardware for eSIM support.
Can a Xiaomi 12T Pro user do the same procedure to verify that "EID" is available on their device?

A neighbor sent me this.
Hmm weird content there, wasn't expecting to see that.
How about Settings -> My device/About phone -> All specs -> Status?
If there are only "SIM status (sim slot 1/2)" and "IMEI (sim slot 1/2)", would be interesting to see the titles under each of their detail dialogs (accessed by tapping them).

It is in the EID settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-16-19-27-49-754_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-16-19-27-49-754_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 229
My redmi K50 Ultra flashed into 12T pro 13.0.3.0.SLFMIXM Global ROM everything works but the main camera doesn't work
My model is Redmi K50 Ultra 12/512GB

Last edited by a moderator:
It is in the EID settings.
Excellent. "EID" being there confirms the eSIM hardware.
Can you run this command with ADB shell or a terminal emulator?
Code:
getprop ro.boot.hardware.sku

My redmi K50 Ultra flashed into 12T pro 13.0.3.0.SLFMIXM Global ROM everything works but the main camera doesn't work
Like I said before, Global ROM doesn't have the camera blobs for Redmi K50 Ultra's main camera sensor.
Can you check Settings -> My device/About phone -> All specs -> Status as well?

Redmi K50 Ultra 12/512 ROM China
Can you try with Global ROM? (it's configured for eSIM support, might have some effect on that screen)
That's if you already unlocked your bootloader, otherwise you shouldn't cross-flash.

Can you try with Global ROM? (it's configured for eSIM support, might have some effect on that screen)
That's if you already unlocked your bootloader, otherwise you shouldn't cross-flash.
Hello guys, I'm Japanese live in China.
I also bought a K50 Ultra and updated it to an EEA ROM and am having the same problem.
I took a screenshot of this situation and will share it with yours...it seems that the K50 Ultra does not have ESIM hardware.

Third party camera apps such as Open Camera work, but the main camera is not working, only the 8M pixel camera in the middle is working.
Hopefully the camera issue will be resolved soon.

Attachments

• 20221017060026_p.jpg
    20221017060026_p.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 20221017061301_p.jpg
    20221017061301_p.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 264
  • getprop.jpg
    getprop.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 263
Redmi K50 Ultra 12/512 ROM Global
Hello guys, I'm Japanese live in China.
I also bought a K50 Ultra and updated it to an EEA ROM and am having the same problem.
I took a screenshot of this situation and will share it with yours...it seems that the K50 Ultra does not have ESIM hardware.

Third party camera apps such as Open Camera work, but the main camera is not working, only the 8M pixel camera in the middle is working.
Hopefully the camera issue will be resolved soon.
Those screenshots confirm that Redmi K50 Ultra does not have an EID, and thus no eSIM capability. If we make a China ROM-based shared ROM for both Global and China models, we'll have to separate the eSIM feature to be exposed on the Global model only.
Value "diting" for ro.boot.hardware.sku on Redmi K50 Ultra is expected and known, what interests us is the value for Xiaomi 12T Pro (it can be either "diting" or "ditingp"), so we're only waiting for @gogocar62 or any other Xiaomi 12T Pro user to check "getprop ro.boot.hardware.sku" on their device, then we'll know how we should continue.

in all rom files Global or EAA codenamed flash commit and ''diting''
That was not the question. It is already obvious that the device name is "diting" for both, the question is about the SKU of the hardware, which can be read from the ro.boot.hardware.sku prop. That prop is set by the bootloader according to actual hardware, it's hardcoded into the device and is not part of any ROM.