Can someone help with my softbricked MI 10 Pro?

Viper98

Members
Aug 5, 2020
Not sure what I did wrong, but I tried installing the MIUI 12 rom and it gave me an error.... I was coming from a chinese rom, so I tried wiping it again... now TWRP won't let me access the phone storage and says it is encrypted so I can't put the rom file back on the phone to try flashing again

I had no encryption or passwords of any kind on the device and now can't boot anything but TWRP

any ideas?

Is there a way for me to just wipe everything with fastboot, flash TWRP again and flash?

Not sure what I did wrong, but I tried installing the MIUI 12 rom and it gave me an error.... I was coming from a chinese rom, so I tried wiping it again... now TWRP won't let me access the phone storage and says it is encrypted so I can't put the rom file back on the phone to try flashing again

I had no encryption or passwords of any kind on the device and now can't boot anything but TWRP

any ideas?

Is there a way for me to just wipe everything with fastboot, flash TWRP again and flash?

Format data. Start twrp choose the option and type "yes".before you

Format data. Start twrp choose the option and type "yes".before you

Sorry, I should have said that I have already done that.

Even after I wipe the data (by typing yes), as soon as I reboot recover, it asks me for a password to decrypt data

You know what.... I flashed a UMI version of TWRP and was able to get read/write access back and then flashed the CMI version of TWRP again and was able to flash the MIUI12 stable rom... but it is only booting to TWRP still

Maybe I'm making a bit of process?

I flashed stock chinese MIUI 11 rom and was able to get the phone functional again.

Wiped it, flashed MIUI12 stable from here again, and now I've booted to the MIUI screen.......but it sat there for about 10minutes before I gave up and turned the phone off.

That's enough for tonight. If anyone has suggestions, I'll be getting back to this in the morning.

Maybe I'm making a bit of process?

I flashed stock chinese MIUI 11 rom and was able to get the phone functional again.

Wiped it, flashed MIUI12 stable from here again, and now I've booted to the MIUI screen.......but it sat there for about 10minutes before I gave up and turned the phone off.

That's enough for tonight. If anyone has suggestions, I'll be getting back to this in the morning.

Do you have installed magisk? Did you again format not wipe data? I have a Mi10 too and I had to install the rom about 3 times for the first install of xiaomi.eu. Then it was working and now I can update weekly within one try