Can we request the old App toggle?

lordmuggins

Members
Feb 8, 2011
Hey

I don't know what power you have Mark, but is there any way we can request the old App menu back in the notifications bar? I find the new ('old') one just sluggish.. and bulky. I loved the quickness of pulling it down.. I tended to use it more actually.

M

And please please please being back the Torch in the pulldown! I used this every niggte.. :-(

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

And please please please being back the Torch in the pulldown! I used this every niggte.. :-(

Just pop up locked screen and hold home. Easier than lockscreen, unlock, pull down, hit app. I use it every night too to make sure I dont trip on crap going to bed.

Awesome! Thanks.
Just pop up locked screen and hold home. Easier than lockscreen, unlock, pull down, hit app. I use it every night too to make sure I dont trip on crap going to bed.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

yea but sometimes i have to use it while I'm using the phone and going from browser to lockscreen (or home) and pressing home (or finding the torch app) is a lot less intuitive than always ready access.

I'm very aware that it's available on the lock screen. But if I walk into my room.. I need to lock my phone? I don't have it locked, so I need to first lock it, in order to hold down. *and* the fact I need to HOLD it down.. as soon as I let go. I constantly slip and it turns off.. This really isn't workable, sorry.

Also pleassee the old App menu.. I detest that ugly *hold down home* App menu. Ugly as heck (Doesn't fit in with the theme at all) and I hate waiting for it.

(And on a side note.. the torch doesn't work anymore for me on hold-Home. The torch app shows, but no light. Plus the fact logic tells me that when something is *locked*, no app should be able to just takeover. It's bad logic)

M

Another thing. The Backlight toggle slider. By default when I restart the phone etc, the second option goes to '0'. So I'm outside.. and I tap the button.. and suddenly I can't see anything on my screen. I can't even find it to get back.. so Im walking around with my phone under my t-shirt trying to unlock the phone.. find the toggle.. move it back up, or get the brightness button. Disaster lol

Though I love the overall direction GB MIUI is going, I have to agree with the OP... the number one thing I miss from the two weeks that my Nexus one had it was that apps in the notification shade dropdown. It was sooooooo much faster, which is what I'm looking for above all with something designed for quick switching through apps. It's much faster to hit home and find the icon iphone style (pre double-click for multitasking era) than it is to actually make use of the multitasking feature as currently implemented.

Nonetheless, I love this freaking rom and look forward to this week's improvements!

They probably have an overhaul for both search and running apps planned. Just give it some time.

There is an icon for the flashlight, so you don't have to lock the phone just to turn it on

Who removed the app manager in notification bar chinese still have it.

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App