Cannot copy ROM file.

johnkeppas

Members
Apr 8, 2013
Hi to everyone. I just got my brand new Xiaomi Mi2, but I have a big problem. I try to upgrade it to Multilang ROM from this site, but it doesn't let me copy the file in the path called "Internal Storage" in Windows Explorer. It stops somewhere in thw middle of copying the file and says "Cannot copy the file, this device has stopped working or has been disconnected". My Mi2 is still connected to my laptop and it's charging. And it still shows up normally in explorer but I cannot copy the file. What am I doing wrong?

Hard to say. I had the same and found that I was using damaged, old Nokia micro usb cable. I then used original Xiaomi usb and problem gone. But make sure you have latest drivers for usb and you have working MTP mode. Also try to use better file explorers than stock windows. Use TotalCommander or TeraCopy app.

Reactions: johnkeppas
Thanks guys. It seems that the problem wasn't with my USB drivers, I just renamed .zip file to update.zip and it copied without problem. Now I can erase the .zip file without any issues?

Hm.. glad it worked. But you don't have to use MiRecovery at all. Flash multilang via Updater App, then you won't need to change rom name to update.zip (only MiRecovery uses update.zip for rom name).

Ah ok. I see. I think that Windows M2 drivers are doing that. Limiting file transfer for copying only update.zip.
You can try to send file over wifi like via Solid Explorer and its share files function.

Another way would be using airdroid. It's a great application even allows you to send SMS from computer

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2