Cannot Do Anything

Sabol

Members
Mar 23, 2016
Using MIUI 7.2.16.
Cannot upgrade, cannot downgrade, cannot get into recovery mode, cannot factory reset. Any ideas?

Yes. You have a locked bootloader. Apply for unlock permission on en.miui.com/unlock

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

I have the exact same issue.

I download an update, try to run it, the device turns off and nothing happens.
I applied for unlock permission but it's very annoying.

I guess you should've read the instructions before updating to Nougat. It says very clearly that the update will lock your bootloader. That means every recovery you had is now gone and without recovery u can't even do a factory reset.

Permissions are granted within 10 days. Most of us got it by day 7.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

@victor nica Can you please send the link where it says that the bootloader will get locked?

edit: I found it :)

So if I unlock the bootloader and flash the newest release, will my bootloader get locked again?

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729
It will stay unlocked. But if you want to get back to a lollipop rom you'll need lollipop bootloader.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729
I got permission to unlock, downloaded the unlocker and unlocked my phone, and I still cannot perform factory reset or upgrade or enter fastboot mode...

I got permission to unlock, downloaded the unlocker and unlocked my phone, and I still cannot perform factory reset or upgrade or enter fastboot mode...
Ok. Now install a custom recovery compatible with Nougat.

Ok. Now install a custom recovery compatible with Nougat.

Can you please explain how? I was using TWRP app but it is not showing the "Select file for flashing" option...
it's really getting frustrating

This was for another topic. I'll come with a guide in a few minutes

1.Download TWRP libra 7.0 from here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678
2. Rename it "recovery"
3. Put it in the Minimal ADB and fastboot folder
4.Enable USB Debugging on your phone
5. Open minimal adb on your desktop and enter the following command : adb reboot bootloader
6. Then enter: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7.Then enter: fastboot boot recovery.img

It will take you to TWRP.

Last edited:
This was for another topic. I'll come with a guide in a few minutes

1.Download TWRP libra 7.0 from here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678
2. Rename it "recovery"
3. Put it in the Minimal ADB and fastboot folder
4.Enable USB Debugging on your phone
5. Open minimal adb on your desktop and enter the following command : adb reboot bootloader
6. Then enter: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7.Then enter: fastboot boot recovery.img

It will take you to TWRP.

I'm getting "error: no devices/emulators found"

edit: nevermind, I did it, thank you!

Last edited:
You don't have the right drivers or you don't have USB debugging on. The desktop is not seeing the phone.