New Cannot take and accept incoming phone calls

msssm

Members
Sep 18, 2021
On one device (Mi 11 Ultra) we have a weird issue. This issue was there since MIUI 13 and was not solved after update to 14.0.13.0:

Sometimes on incoming phone calls, it is not possible to take or accept the phone call. The phone rings, but no splash screen appears in order to press/slide the green button.
We are using an alternative dialing app "DW Kontakte" com.dw.contacts.

The only workaround I found:
Adding the default "Phone" app (com.android.contacts) to the desktop
On incoming calls, unlock the phone and select the default Phone app, then there is the green button in the upper corner to take the call and accept it.

Another workaround, that solves it only for a while:
The com.android.contacts is only the dialer, the phone app seems to be com.android.phone. I can find this app only in the "All apps" list of SwiftBackup and can delete all app data of it there. Then the incoming calls are working for a while, until the problem happens again.

In the all apps List of SwiftBackup I also see some com.qti.phone. What is that used for?

Before trying to change the Powersaving settings of these internal apps, I like to wait if others already have s solution? Actually the default Powersaving for the most important phone app on a mobile phone should be working.