Cannot unroot my phone...

BlazeElPadrino

Members
Feb 16, 2015
Hi there! I installed the publisher Stable 10.3 ROM for Redmi 7 (onc) with this recovery: TWRP-3.3.0-0420-REDMI7-CN-wzsx150.img and the process went smoothly. However I do not want my device to be rooted, so I tried to uninstall Magisk via the Manager and also by flashing the Magisk Uninstaller zip via TWRP and every time I do it my device enters into a bootloop! The only way to make it work is by flashing over the ROM again, but it does reinstall Magisk! Is there any way to get rid of the root access without soft bricking the phone? Thanks in advance!

Just flash the original stable rom assuming yours is a global device
Ok, I just saw on the ROM release threads that this device cannot be booted up onto any custom ROM without rooting the device... Thanks anyway for the info.

Ok, I just saw on the ROM release threads that this device cannot be booted up onto any custom ROM without rooting the device... Thanks anyway for the info.
You cannot instal a custom rom into a device without first having to root it.its the golden rule of root world.and just a suggestion,root your phone it comes with it a lot freedom,but use it wisely

You cannot instal a custom rom into a device without first having to root it.its the golden rule of root world.and just a suggestion,root your phone it comes with it a lot freedom,but use it wisely
That's not entirely true, as you can flash any MIUI based ROM without rooting the device first, you only need to unlock the bootloader. I've been using a lot of Xiaomi phones since the Mi 2 with the Xiaomi.eu ROM without root, so I expected this device could work as any other device since then.

I've been given an advice to bypass the bootloop after unrooting the device, if it does work I'll post my procedure and results!

Thanks for your kind words!

That's not entirely true, as you can flash any MIUI based ROM without rooting the device first, you only need to unlock the bootloader. I've been using a lot of Xiaomi phones since the Mi 2 with the Xiaomi.eu ROM without root, so I expected this device could work as any other device since then.

I've been given an advice to bypass the bootloop after unrooting the device, if it does work I'll post my procedure and results!

Thanks for your kind words!
I will be waiting on that