Cant access twrp with miui 12 china beta installed

matias3ds

Members
Jan 14, 2019
So i had twrp and global miui 11 installed , and i accidentally installed miui 12 china Rom .
When i realized , i wanted to install a global rom again , but after i restarted i realized that i have lost TWRP access .
I tried every method to install twrp but failed .
So im stuck with the china rom .
How can i go back and install a Global Rom ?

So i had twrp and global miui 11 installed , and i accidentally installed miui 12 china Rom .
When i realized , i wanted to install a global rom again , but after i restarted i realized that i have lost TWRP access .
I tried every method to install twrp but failed .
So im stuck with the china rom .
How can i go back and install a Global Rom ?

Enter fastboot mode…
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

Or install the rom from fastboot

Last edited:
Thank you so much for you answer and let me explain how i fix it , i know it will help others .
My main issue was that windows 10 with intel or amd i dont knoe wich one of them , is having problems with fast usb 3.0 even if you have all the correct usb controllers . I fix it by connecting the xiaomi usb fast cable to a 2.0 hub and the hub to the computer . Thats seems to mafe the connection slower and i was able to install twrp .
Twrp problems : After the correct installation of twrp with diffrent methods , the phone restarts and i could enter with any key methods .
How i fix it : after i put the command : fastboot flash recovery and after it finished i avoid typing ..................... the following
DONT USE THIS LAST COMMAND ( fastboot reboot )
Instead i press Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time , and when the xiaomi screen fastboot logo dissapears i realease the power button , but keep the volume up , until i finally saw the twrp starting screen on the phone , and after i saw that screen i realease the volumen up button , i was able to enter Twrp .
About the XiaomiToolV2 , it help mw to install miui 11 from recovey mode , it made an excellent job , but
For twrp , unroot and magisk installtion keeps failing , it made almost every steps , bur after installing twrp it booted up on the wrong way . I dont know if this because it cant start the twrp after the installation , or if it needs this volumen up and power buttons to be pressed while during the installation or if it fails as well for this usb drivers malfunctioning on windows 10 .

Reactions: katerpanne