Can't Boot To Recovery?

KeksToGo

Members
Jun 10, 2022
Hello i have Redmi 9T (lime) and i can flash twrp hellas or unoffical orange fox recovery but its both stuck when trying to boot recovery. it just try to open but only the name of the recovery comes up. what to do?

There is no TWRP that supports Android 12 for your device. Even for newer devices, there are only TWRP with partial Android 12 support (which means mostly works normally but can't decrypt the data partition when it's encrypted, i.e. when a lock screen security method is set).

There is no TWRP that supports Android 12 for your device. Even for newer devices, there are only TWRP with partial Android 12 support (which means mostly works normally but can't decrypt the data partition when it's encrypted, i.e. when a lock screen security method is set).
i dont have lock screen etc. what custom recovery can i install?

:/ then i cant install magisk on my phone right?
Try to search for a TWRP that at least boots and can flash stuff first.
Since Android 12 has just arrived for this device, you might not find one.
In that case:
1) Copy boot.img from "images" dir in ROM's ZIP to your phone.
2) Open Magisk app, tap Install (next to "Magisk") -> Select and Patch a file (under "Method"), then choose your boot.img.
A patched boot image will be in Internal storage/Download folder. Move it to your PC and rename it to "boot-magisk.img".
3) Reboot your phone to Fastboot mode, connect to PC, then use these commands to flash it to your phone and reboot the device back to system:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot-magisk.img
fastboot reboot